Sign in to follow this  
dmoore

Original starter

dmoore

How many here still have the original starter installed on their Horse? They must be some good units!

Kelly

I have a number that have the orig. starters, or at least they look orig. with the decal that says do not strike........ but I also have had to swap a few.

can whlvr

i have three still orig,but i have to get a few myself,i take them apart and they work good for a while and then they start to screw up

Duff

Original starters on all three of mine and going strong! Now granted, they're only about 23 or 24 years old, but compared to some of today's stuff that seems to me to be pretty darned good!

Duff :thumbs:

SAM58

All original..... :thumbs::wh::D:D

My brothers' 1972 Raider 12 still has original starter on the original Kohler engine.

It's only 39 years old though.

C-Series14

All of mine look to have the originals. Can't find the starter on the RJ... :thumbs:

I personally have never changed any of them since owning them. Some have the original decals also...I remember rebuilding the one on my first WH, a C-160 8-Speed....MANY years ago!!!

The one on the C-175 makes a weird noise when it releases, that is the only trouble one.

Kelly

Can't find the starter on the RJ... :thumbs:

Mike I'm sure the starter is not orig. for the RJ, but if you look in the mirror you will find the starter :wh:

dmoore

Does anyone make the decal's found on the starter housings?

JimD

Does anyone make the decal's found on the starter housings?

I'm pretty sure Vynilguy makes them. Check him out under redoyourhorse or click his link in my signature. :thumbs:

Anglo Traction

If you have no luck in U.S. , Mark (meadowfield) produces them. I sure he ships Worldwide from the UK.

Oh and my Raider 12 has the original Starter and still with the decals. I would like to find a Dust Cover that fits on the end of the Bendix though. Mine was perished.

JC 1965

2 of mine have the original starter, just replaced the starter on my Raider 12. :thumbs: