wh-jason

made the raider earn its keep today

wh-jason

we got some rain this morning, so i decided to do some rolling

d6741165.jpg

corn53

:thumbs: Cool!!!!

boovuc

I just think it would be great if I could go outside in a short sleeve shirt and at the same time not get rained on. Nice Tractor! :thumbs:

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

Gene_S

Jason I was doing the same thing today... After the crappy rain went away... Nice horse... :thumbs:

mr.pipes

d6741165.jpg

That's a different place for a cup holder. I guess you like your Dew warm? :thumbs:

JC 1965

:thumbs: Good lookin Raider, hard working tractors . I like mine a lot. :wh:

whfan74

Looks like you were having some fun playing, ummm I mean working! Great looking Horse Jason! :thumbs:

Shuboxlover

GREAT looking tractor....but I have one question....

Why do you roll your yard... I mean, I roll newly seed soil to make sure I have good seed-to-soil contact, but never heard of doing it to an established yard. Isn't soil compaction bad??? :thumbs: That's why we aerate.

Just wondering, maybe I'll learn something new today :wh:

sgtsampay

shuboxlover= I think people roll their lawns to get the lawn back smooth again. Like to get rid of frost heaves, bumps and such. Then areating is for the grass to grow better.

I think thats how I understand it.

wh-jason

im mainly just trying to smooth it out. my yard is so rough i think next year im gonna plow it all up and start over.

Shuboxlover

im mainly just trying to smooth it out. my yard is so rough i think next year im gonna plow it all up and start over.

Do you have an excess of earthworms?

whfan74

I don't know about Jason but I have had to do it because of dang moles until I was able to eliminate that problem for good. :thumbs:

wh-jason

i havent noticed too many earth worms. but scott PLEASE tell me how you got rid of the moles!

whfan74

I have always rolled my lawn if I have come across a ton of mole trails. The key is to watch your yard within that next 24 hours pretty closely and see where the moles are active. If you roll and then come back in a couple of days you will have tunnels all over the place and chances of finding their active tunnels become alot more difficult.

Once I have located the new, fresh tunnels I then place two traps about 10-20 feet apart and can usually catch a mole within 12 hours. The traps I use are a little pricey but I feel are well worth the investment. At my previous home and the house I live in now it only took me 2 summers to get rid of the little buggers. Now granted moles do not know boundary lines. I have some neighbors that don't have the best of lawns behind me. It seems when I start mowing and fertilizing the yard to where everything is nice and lush, up comes a mole. Haven't had any in 2 years so I am keeping my fingers crossed again this year.

Here is a link to the traps that I use. You might want to do a little investigation as you can get them a little cheaper through different websites.

http://www.gemplers.com/product/RMEL/Mole-Eliminator-Trap

Hope this helps!

mavfreak

The moles will leave if you get rid of the grubs. Treat for grubs and the moles have nothing to eat.

I treated last year and no moles this year

whfan74

True, but if you have voles then getting rid of the grubs won't cure your problem.