Sign in to follow this  
DanPatch

Mini Dozer Plans

DanPatch

Has anyone seen the website ubuilditplans.com They have plans for making a mini dozer from a garden tractor. They show a couple made from wheel horses. Has anyone made one of these or know anything about these. :thumbs:

dpm2000bolt

looks good.. might be something to use the GT14 for.. toss a diesel in and that would be a monster :thumbs:

massey

I'm actually in the middle of building one right now. :wh: I want to put a 10hp diesel in it too. :thumbs:

300zx

Massey, any pictures?

John

wallfish

Massey, any pictures?

John

:thumbs:

I also bought the plans but haven't received them yet. Since this guy is about an hour away I sent an email requesting if I could come out an see one in person. If he agrees I'll get some pics and ask a bunch of questions.

Massey,

Is there anything in particular that you have come across in the build that you would want me to ask about? Are the plans complete and detailed?

massey

The big thing is the estimate of the cost to build for $800 to $1200, I'm looking more like $2200 to $2300 without the diesel. I wouldn't have started this if I knew that, but I pretty far into it so...... Anyway, it's a fun little project and will be a unique item when it's done.

You'll definitely need some tooling to do it though, a Mig, the horizontal/vertical bandsaw it the only way to go, a good drill press at least, a plate shear, and then the assorted smaller tools.

I'll get some pics today.

wallfish

He must have never updated the cost since 1998, the copyright date on his site. I have the tools except for a shear.

300zx

Massey, I also wondered about the cost. What were the pricey items?

John

JC 1965

Wow!! That looks awesome, if any of you guys build one, please post lots of pics. :thumbs:

massey

The steel is about $450 to $500, the brakes are just under $400, the sprockets and axles from Surplus Center with shipping ($101) were $675, just alot of stuff that adds up awful quick. I spent a lot of time on the internet for pricing, you may do better.

Here's some pics,

The mig I'm using

018.jpg

The recommended shear

014.jpg

This saw sure beats a chop saw, should have bought one of these a long time ago

013.jpg

Not required but it sure helps

012-1.jpg

A good drill press

017-1.jpg

I put the manuals in protective sleeves and in binders so I wouldn't booger them up too much

016-1.jpg

And some progress

015-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

sorekiwi

Cool project, I would like to see more pictures as the build progresses.

Here is a link to another WH Dozer build on another site:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-y...r-complete.html

What are you using for tracks? The "weld plates to a roller chain" thing seems like a lot of work to me. :thumbs: