Sign in to follow this  
Will

605 or 655 or ?

Will

According to the Operation and Service Manual CD, the difference between the 605 and the 655 is that the 655 has an electric starter controlled by the ignition key and the 605 has an ignition key and a pull start. The sticker on the belt guard and model and serial number plate say my tractor is a 605.

It has both a pull start and an electric starter. You turn on the ignition then push a separate starter button on the dash.

Was the electric starter and option or did I just get lucky because a previous owner modified it? :thumbs:

Kelly

I think you will find it was added latter, happened alot, on the pull start tractors.

• Like 1

Will

I think you will find it was added latter, happened alot, on the pull start tractors.

Thanks. Guess I just got lucky! :thumbs:

AEarlCheal

I have a WH tractor that has been painted over. It has 3 speeds forward and reverse and a high and low range. I guess it is considered an 8 speed. I found the only data plate under the dash and it was painted over the information as I can best tell is as follows:

1 605T

From what I have been able to determine, it appears the 605 was made in 1965 but was a 4 speed. I wonder if the T after 605 designates the 8 speed transmission. Any thoughts?