Sign in to follow this  
rmaynard

My latest B-100 gets a face lift.

rmaynard

Back in December 2010, I bought a B-100 which had been in a fire. The tractor itself was in pretty good condition other than the superficial fire damage. It was missing the engine and wheels/tires, which had been removed by the previous owner.

4dcd5cc8.jpg

From January until now, I have been slowly building an engine from parts off a K241AS and a block and oil pan from a K241S removed from a 310-8.

32617d11.jpg

f1d0a097.jpg

Now that the engine is built and running, although it still needs paint and cosmetic items, I thought it was time to begin the face lift on the tractor. So I pushed it into the garage to start the work.

3934b65b.jpg

More to follow...

JC 1965

:wh: Great job on the engine Bob. I've done a lot of work on wheel Horse tractors but i have never rebuilt an engine yet. Some day i will have to tackle that. Can't wait to see your tractor when It's finished. Good luck with it and thanks for the pics. :thumbs:

rmaynard

Update. Took all the sheet metal off. Pulled the hubs. Replaced all of the transmission seals. Transmission has been drained and flushed.

f6fe29f4.jpg

Can't do any more work until this weekend, so weather permitting, the frame will be pressure washed. I should be able to start the small amount of body work needed on the hood and fender pan.

More to follow...

can whlvr

lookin good ,shes in good hands

Suburban 550

Lookin' good, Bob. :wh: You can do wonders with all the tools in "Pandoras Box". :thumbs: How are ya at rebuildin' transmissions? :D No wonder why they're no B-100's on the market, you own them all. :D

rmaynard

I haven't made a lot of progress that is worth noting, but this weekend, after I built a new retaining wall, pressure washed the deck, screen room and patio, tilled the garden and planted the tomatoes, my wife said, "why don't you take a little time off to work on your tractor?". Gee, Hon, do you think you can spare me an hour or two? :hide:

Okay, today was about 90 degrees, and no rain for a change, so after lunch, I pulled out the frame which has been sitting under a tarp since the first week in May, and I got all the other parts that have all been prepped, primed and readied for paint.

Got the paint gear ready, mixed a batch of Kirker acrylic urethane (Flame Red) and did a little painting.

8dfb6e54.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow if the weather is good, I can do the rest of the small parts. I have to wait for an opening at my buddy's body shop so I can take the hood and fender pan there. I don't want to paint them outside, so he lets me use his paint booth when it is available.

But, that's the progress for now. More to follow...

JimD

Looking pretty good there Bob. :hide:

massey

I know it'll look great when you're done.

dclarke

Lookin good Bob. :hide:

jasoncracer

Nice motor :hide:

rmaynard

Just ordered a complete set of stainless steel nuts and bolts to complete the assembly. They will be delivered tomorrow and re-assembly will begin. Still hoping to have it ready for the WHCC show in 25 days.

Looking for a good seat and a set of 4 tires.

chris11

Great job, cant wait to see it at the show.

rmaynard

DONE!

Just in time for the show, the 1976 B-100 is complete.

To refresh your memory, here is a picture of the tractor the day I brought it home last December.

4dcd5cc8.jpg

After a long winter with very little time to devote to it, and a lot of bad weather, here are the final results:

57338e3e.jpg

0bebaaab.jpg

6cfae25c.jpg

7abe2f25.jpg

bba864fa.jpg

6ae7dba0.jpg

Engine decals courtesy of the VinylGuy

a92626b6.jpg

Powder-coated wheels, and lug nut conversion. My powder-coater matched the inside of a very good 1977 wheel. He now has the formula for as close to linen-beige as you will find.

7f3e1d6a.jpg

See you at the WHCC show!

312Hydro

Really nice work! :hide: I'd like to get mine half as nice looking!

Horse'n Around

That looks incredible, you would never know it was the same one. You did a great job on it . I cant wait to see it in person at the show :hide:

John

C-Series14

Very nice, Bob... :hide: Enjoy the Show.