Sign in to follow this  
Dresden Guy

Mounting WH / Brinly 10" moldboard

Dresden Guy

I stand corrected! I had a previous post of my 10" moldboard and had pictures which RS members said "didn't look quite right" - they were right. The WH/Brinly moldboard plow is one of three garden implements which share the same mounting bar.

DSC01029.jpg

The first picture is of the hitch adapter, which has a 10 - 15 degrees tilt makes the plow be "vertical" when the right wheel of the tractor is in the furrow.

Pic #1: Mounting plate is angled so as to make plow square when right wheel is in furrow:

DSC01022.jpg

Pic #2: Side view of mounting plate above - words on plate (hard to see): an arrow points up and says: "UP - PLOW ONLY"

DSC01023.jpg

Pic #3: this picture shows the slight 10 - 15 degree angle/tilt of the plow as it should be, to compensate for when the tractor's right wheel is in the furrow.

DSC01027.jpg

Pic#4: Shows the 10 - 15 degree tilt/angle as seen from rear of tractor

DSC01031.jpg

Some RS guys said that my post of last week, looked like the plow was perfectly vertical and I said it was just my having the camera not squared up - THAT WAS INCORRECT ON MY PART! I had the angle plate upside down!! :wh:

Hope all this makes sense to those who are even interested. My plowing tomorrow should be much better. I will take pics.

Sorry for my post last week - I don't have the instructions and still don't, but knew the plow should be tilted when plowing, and then I found the writing on the plate!! :thumbs:

145Automatic

Steve, that set up looks like its ready to turn some earth. Nice. My plow is an old :thumbs: model that fits in a slot hitch. The tounge of the plow that fits into the slot is welded on at an angel. Onece mounted into the slot hitch it looks to be at the same angle as your set up. Have fun in the dirt.

farmer

Hey Steve,

I'm interested, pleased you've got it sussed out, looking foward to some

Ploughing match quality, ploughing pictures. :thumbs: