Sign in to follow this  
puddlejumper

Lauson tractors

puddlejumper

This may be considered more of a engine topic.

1st Since the 551 suburban was kind of a transition model, did the h55 lauson used in it have a 3/4 output shaft like the 550 or a 1inch shaft like the 701 and later ht55 in the 552 and 62e.

2nd What shaft size was used in the 502 and 62r?

3rd I know the 551 did not use the tillitson carb like the 550 so did it use the same carb as the 552 and later h60 or is it a beast all its own?

4th did the 62r and 502 Have the bolt on muffler adapter like the 552 and E lawn ranger?

Well thats enough for now, But I am sure I will come up with more.

Disclaimer.... I really never thought of myself as a techy enthusiast but for some reason they follow me home ... or at least the tractors they belong in .

sorekiwi

I am fairly sure that I can answer a couple of these - I think both my 502 and 63E Ranger were original, the spec #s match up.

My 502 has a 1" shaft.

My 33E Lawn Ranger did not use the bolt on exhaust manifold, it had a 90 deg elbow screwed into the head.

IMG_1839.jpg

wallfish

I have the H55D for a 551 and I'm 90% sure it has a 3/4 shaft. I'll verify it for ya in the morning. The carb is like my H60. Not sure about the correct air cleaner.

sorekiwi

Not one of your questions, but another thing I remembered tonight Mitch...

I have most of an HH60 that came off a 606 that has the 3/4" crank.

(If anyone reading this happens to have a spare timing gear cover for one of these, I'd love to hear from you!)

wallfish

100% sure now, 3/4" shaft.

puddlejumper

Thanks guys,

KIWI, sorry no help on hh60,Made trip out to family lawnmower boneyard, thought there was one from a troy built tiller laying out there but it was a h60 that the rod went through. however on a personal note there was a OLD craftsmen pushmower that I have moved a half a dozen times in the last 3 years. Have not looked inside it yet but I think I am going to be a little upset with myself.

sorekiwi

Have not looked inside it yet but I think I am going to be a little upset with myself.

:thumbs:

In the next day or so I'll take some pictures of whats left of the vertical tecumseh so we know what to look for!