Sign in to follow this  
rydogg

50" sickle bar

rydogg

I am looking at purchasing this sickle bar...can you guys tell me what it fits i am not sure of the model number but it is a 48" I am hoping to use it on my c series. Can anyone see any important parts missing from the picture that I should get with it? It just came off a tractor and was being used I want to make sure I get all the pulleys and parts necessary to mount it to one of my tractors. Looks to me like its missing a mule drive that may still be on the tractor :thumbs:

sicklebar.jpg

TT

It's either a 42" or a 50". (model number 7-1312 or 7-1321 will get you to the IPL's)

The entire front mounting bracket with the jackshaft isn't there.

rydogg

I got the model number now its a 7-1312 and I am getting more information from the seller. Thanks TT for your help.

Kelly

And finding the missing parts will be hard, most sickle bars stay together, it took me almost two years to find the stuff that one is missing, if cheap it would be worth having if the gear box is good that seems to be a common problem with these the gears break, I have 3 broken gear boxes.

And I can tell you it will not be a bolt on to your C series, I put one on a raider, it fits but the lift handle hits the foot rest, and I had to remove the pto clutch and find a 2.5" pulley, then the foot engaugement is not easy to use, on the long frame tractors with running boards.

rydogg

I just got off the phone with the seller and he said he found everything for it sitting on a pallet in the shop. I will be picking it up in the morning can't wait to mount it up and start cutting down all these little saplings in my pasture. :thumbs: Kelly, he said something about a pulley he had that had to be put on the motor in place of the pto clutch setup. I do have a charger here that it should fit right on but he said he thought they had it mounted on a C120.

TT

can't wait to mount it up and start cutting down all these little saplings in my pasture.

They really aren't brush mowers and shouldn't be used for anything but grass and weeds.

Kelly

Like Terry said only made for cutting grass and weeds, if you get something in it that it will not cut, you might need a set of the gears also, and they are no longer available.

rydogg

They are small ash saplings no bigger around than a dime I have been pulling the larger ones up with the Farmall if the sickle can't do it I can get a beater mower running and just mow them down, the pasture has been empty for years so they got a chance to take over parts of it, I am hoping to eventually burn it and start over. Thanks for the advice Kelly and TT I will be keeping a close eye on it so I don't ruin the gears.

wheelhorse050.jpg

wheelhorse051.jpg

pfrederi

I think you are asking too much of the sickle. Those saplings look to be close togetehr you will have a couple of them at least in the bar at any one time. Sickle bars ar not brush cutters.

I have a 7 ft bar on my 40 hp DC3 Case Farm tractor and I do mow off an occasional Black locust sapling but even then I wince a bit, and I am only getting ones that came up in the current year and then they are spread out and only one at a time. This mower has a breakaway system that helps protect it...your WH doesn't. Either the belt slips (hopefully) or the gear box grenades...

hm12460

Agree with the above, you need a brush hog. Like Kelly said, you're going to wind up doing gear damage to your gear box.

rydogg

I picked up the sickle bar this morning so here is a picture...I believe I got an extra belt :thumbs: there are three total. I will not be using this to knock down the saplings I am looking at a D 200 with a brush hog mower attachment or I will use an old non wheel horse rider, once they are down I will be using the sickle mower to cut the pasture a couple times a year since I am not going to have any animals for a couple years. If anyone notices any missing pieces or problems please let me know. I think I am picking up a raider 10 rolling chassis from a friend I will just need to find a kohler for it unless I can get this to fit on the C141 or C160.

wheelhorse.jpg

bitten

If you can grow the Ash trees and they can stay healthy you might want to do that. With the Emerald Ash Bettle killing the trees you just might be able to make some real good money.