Sign in to follow this  
tillett

kohler rebuild

tillett

im going to try a rebuild on a k341 magnum. will a crank and balance gears out of a 12 horse fit this motor? where is the best place to buy parts like piston,rings and gaskets.i finished the transmission you guys helped me on. thanks a lot. is there any thing that will interchange internaly from a different hp. :thumbs:

KB9LOR

im going to try a rebuild on a k341 magnum. will a crank and balance gears out of a 12 horse fit this motor? where is the best place to buy parts like piston,rings and gaskets.i finished the transmission you guys helped me on. thanks a lot. is there any thing that will interchange internaly from a different hp. :thumbs:

I am not for sure on the 12hp magnum crank working in a 16hp magnum, but I do know the guts out of a older(69) k321 will fit into a k341 block, only difference is the piston. Be sure to leave those balance gears out(grenade gears) because when they go so goes your whole engine. Those gears have no effect on the running of the engine, I just rebult 2 k301as engines and removed both sets of "balance gears" and have ahd NO ill effects.