Sign in to follow this  
scv85

Throttle Closes Itself GT14

scv85

So far I've only been a member here for a day and I am very pleased with this site.

I got my fuel system figured out yesterday after rebuilding the carb and replacing the fuel pump. The 14hp Kohler now starts and idles pretty well. The issue I'm having is that when I pull the throttle cable to bring RPM up, it slowly creeps back down to idle. You can physically see the throttle cable closing itself. Do I need to adjust something or do I have a cable failing? I wouldn't think the cable because it stays put with resistance with the motor not running. Any ideas?

Brrly1

Try opening throttle and twisting to the right. Twisting it to the right should lock it in place. Most Wheel Horse throttle cables have a lock on them. Give that a try and report back. :wh:

:thumbs:

scv85

Geez!!! Thank you, worked like a charm! I was about to buy a cable too. That's the second time I feel like a dumb dumb, oh well, learning experience I guess. All I have left is to put a seat on, original is torn up, replace axle seals and install new shifter and dash plate and this restoration will be pretty good. I lucked out that it was painted just before it was put in my buddies barn 15 yrs ago. When I got it running, I had to cook the new paint off of the exhaust and head, ha!

Thank you for your help