Sign in to follow this  
DMESS

Just a thought

DMESS

My new notebook computer has a wireless, high speed, and phone modem built in. If we can't find a stray wireless signal, maybe one of the others will work.

I'm also working on a powerpoint display featuring member's tractor pictures from RS.

Eldon, you the man! But is your laptop "RED"? I can bring ours if need be. The wifi is going to be the problem I'm afraid. ANYBODY have a phone as modem capability? We're going to need to keep things manned as well. Thoughts, suggestions? TRUST me, no one will want to be stuck there all day so we need to work out a system. Even a few select times when the "booth" will be open for demonstration and sign ups could work. To much to see and do! :whistle:

nylyon

A lot of newer computers have Blue Tooth built in. If your Cell phone has Blue Tooth, you may be able to access high speed internet. Verizon disables this on many of the phones, but if your carrier has it it may work. I do have a motorola phone to usb cable if someone has a capable phone without Blue Tooth.

And Dale, unless the access point is established for public use, it is not right to use it.

DMESS

I have Sprint with their Vision data capability and can access RedSquare on there, but I'm not so sure if it can be used as a modem. That is ANOTHER service they nail you for!

Curmudgeon

A lot of newer computers have Blue Tooth built in. If your Cell phone has Blue Tooth, you may be able to access high speed internet. Verizon disables this on many of the phones, but if your carrier has it it may work. I do have a motorola phone to usb cable if someone has a capable phone without Blue Tooth.

And Dale, unless the access point is established for public use, it is not right to use it.

So when you click on find networks, just how are you supposed to know where they are coming from?????

HorseFixer

The way I figure if someone throws their stray signals in my space then they are tresspassing :WRS: And I then deam their signal mine! :whistle:

Duke