Sign in to follow this  
mark89

got my second horse

mark89

well i went to a sale in south jersey an i found a lawn ranger witch i beleave is a 62 or 63. An i met a red square member jimt1971 the secrial number is 62-17177 maby someone can decode the exact year pics will be up soon

thanks for any help

jimt1971

Mark,

Good luck with that tractor. It should be a 62 but I could be wrong.

Jim

Gene_S

Yes it is a 1962 with the serial number tag like that. Does the tractor have pneumatic or solid front tires?

TT

Having a "62-" prefix doesn't automatically make it a 1962. ( :wh: used up the leftover S/N stickers on the early '63 tractors)

But........... because 17177 is lower than 17303 - which was on a '62 32E I once owned, I feel safe to say that it is a 1962 model.

32En400007.jpg

Bring on the pictures! :thumbs:

MikesRJ
This-Thread.gif . :thumbs:

mavfreak

:thumbs:

VinsRJ

:thumbs:

mark89

here are some pics i took from my phone havent had a chance to take more

007-2.jpg

013-1.jpg

010-2.jpg

012-3.jpg

011-3.jpg

stevasaurus

Yep...looks like a 1962 to me. Nice looking horse. You have to love the way that Wheel Horses age. :thumbs:

64s

It's not looking like a Lawn Ranger to me :thumbs:

TT

Oh, it's definitely a Lawn Ranger...... it just has big hooves. :thumbs:

stevasaurus

Oh, it's definitely a Lawn Ranger...... it just has big hooves. :D

TT...I saw that about the tires. :wh: Made me look a little closer. Lawn Ranger :thumbs:

TT

The shorter lift lever and lack of a full-length right footrest peg (and missing footrest) is also a dead giveaway.

can whlvr

she looks to be in good shape,nice find

Buzz

well i went to a sale in south jersey

Where was the sale that I missed, was it at Allen's Auction Barn? Somehow I miss his sale EVERY year. :thumbs: Oh well nice find, have fun with it.

puddlejumper

Is that the original lauson if so looks like it might have the typical stripped exhaust kind of looks like it has a prop under the muffler.

mark89

The shorter lift lever and lack of a full-length right footrest peg (and missing footrest) is also a dead giveaway.

what is up with the missing peg should it be there an is that it or should there be an nother pice for your feet to like i have seen on outher older moddels

TT

The straight footrest peg could interfere with the mower belt (only on Lawn Rangers) and had to be removed.

When operating the tractor without the mower deck, a simple piece of tubing with a locking bolt was installed over the stub:

LRfootresttubeandcbpedalrod001.jpg

LRfootresttubeandcbpedalrod002.jpg

If the mower deck was installed, that's where you placed your right foot.

Later Lawn Rangers had a "bow" formed into the right peg specifically for deck belt clearance.

sorekiwi

what is up with the missing peg should it be there an is that it or should there be an nother pice for your feet to like i have seen on outher older moddels

There is a little discussion about the Ranger footpegs in this thread:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=3240

(half way down page 1)

The early rangers had a piece of tube that slid over the "stub" on the chassis. The tube is shown in the parts drawing in that thread.

Its nearly 3 years since we were discussing this, and I still havent made one! :thumbs:

jimt1971

Buzz,

It was at Allen's. i invited Mark to the show at the end of April. I will list it soon.

Jim

JC 1965

:wh: Nice find, are you going to restore it or make a worker out of it? Either way it seams to be in pretty decent shape. Good luck with it. :thumbs:

mark89

thanks i plan on restoing it i have a c120 i use as a worker

Horse'n Around

That looks to be in pretty good shape. Other than the missing recoil starter, does the engine seems like its in good shape? Its funny how so many times they can sit and sit for years, even decades and with a little work cleaning and such and a few small parts they will fire right up and run. I'm crossing my fingers that you have good luck too.

John

puddlejumper

Its nearly 3 years since we were discussing this, and I still havent made one! :thumbs:

QUOTE]

I dont think its been hardly 3 years since TT posted pictures and measurements for me and I havent built one for my 63 either