Sign in to follow this  
wh79d160

DOZER BLADE

wh79d160

Hi guys, I got a 56" dozer blade on my D & I've noticed it doesn't sit level. I checked the tires, all pressure correct. everything looks right on the attach matic. pads are flush.The center spring is cranked all the way closed, not sure what that's all about. There is alittle play in the front where it pivots lft & right. I need to level out some gravel so I need to figure something out. Is there any adjustment or anybody have any ideas???????? Thanks, Tom Z. in Kansas.

TT

Sounds like there might be a twist some where near the rear of the "A" frame. It doesn't take much to make the cutting edge uneven.

A quick-fix would be to hang a weight on the high side of the blade - until you have time to pull it off and make sure the frame isn't bent. :whistle:

WheelHorse_of_course

I thought mine was out of wack like this until I noticed one side of the wear strip/blade is more worn than the other side. Sometime before winter I need to take it off and flip it over.

The other thing to check is maybe your tires are not the same part number. Different brands are slightly different diameters, so that is worth checking.

If I were you I would let air out of the high side to level her off, at least temporarily!

Good luck.

.5racer

Tom do you ned to barrow mine for a while, also do you need he Box Blade for awhile also . You might check the latches in back to see if they are still latched , also if there is enough play in the pivot that could be a side to side angl affect . Lift your blade and see if you got play in teeter totter afect , might be the pivot needs rbuilt with a grease zert inatalled . Email me if you need some help , or call if you still got my number !

wh79d160

Terry, I checked it tonight. It's in the pivot up front. Not sure what it's going to take to fix it. I didn't spend any time looking @ it I was just walking through the barn as it was getting dark. There is NO WAY I'm using your box blade. It's WAY to nice & I wouldn't want to scratch it. I bought a craftman grader blade in January I haven't used much, I'll give that a try but thanks for offering. I bought a Brinly plow & it came with a 3-point adapter that I don't need if you need it for any sleeve hitch attachments, you can have it. I've already got one. I might get with you & drop it by anyway & you could use it for a pattern to make that trailer ball adapter hitch I sent you from e-bay a while back. Thanks, Tom P.S. hows the grader blade project coming???

Stigian

Good morning Tom, and :D if i havnt welcomed you already

I have the same problem with my home made plow much to my shame :WRS:

But as i havnt had the need to do any serious ive been a bit lazy and not sorted it yet.

My plan is to file out the bottom pivot mount bolt hole :whistle: on the side that sits high, so it will sit level when the bolt is put back through. With a washer welded over the elongated hole to keep the mounting bolt in the right place.

Hope that helps and is understandable :D