Sign in to follow this  
biz-buz

5-1210 Mower Deck Compatibility

biz-buz

Hello everybody, I am trying to cut down my mowing commitment at home and thought that a larger deck could be the answer. I have looked at the Attachments and Interchangeability list, and a 5-1210 fits a C-120 range but not the B-80. I am not sure if this is a power constraint or a physical size one?

I have a Commando 800 (B-80 I think) that I have re-engined with a Kohler Command 12 hp engine, so power is not an issue.

If anybody could confirm whether the deck will fit under the tractor or if there are any other options I would be grateful. My current deck (36" rear discharge) is a bit tired so I could keep it in reserve. One other option is the possible purchase of a Toro Proline 44 with a 44" deck which is for sale for 1000$, does anybody have any experience of these cutters?

It the larger deck fits, I will then need to find one! So if any kind soul out there has one for sale or knows of one for sale I would be very grateful for a pointer so I can evaluate my options!

I know I am based in France but the cost of carrage is my problem!! :thumbs:

Regards

Biz-buz

mavfreak

It should fit. All you can do is try it! Only thing that may happen is the deck might hit the wheels.

biz-buz

Mavfreak, thank you , Yes I think it should go in alright. I now have another question, I have a possibility of buying a 52 inch deck for a 260 series, P/N 78281. Does anybody know anything about these decks how they attach and whether it would be even feasible to try and fit this deck to my B-80!! I can obviously cannabalise my pulley set up and the attachment frame from my current tired 36" deck.

I know it will require a lot of power but I have a Kohler Command 14hp fitted to that should just about do. It would if it all worked turn my WH into some mowing machine!!

If anybody has any ideas or experience on this sort of adaptation I would be grateful for any ideas or hints, such as just do not bother etc!! I suspect the problem area is going to be the front to back dimension of the deck.

Thanks

Biz-buz

TT

I have a possibility of buying a 52 inch deck for a 260 series, P/N 78281. Does anybody know anything about these decks how they attach and whether it would be even feasible to try and fit this deck to my B-80!!

If anybody has any ideas or experience on this sort of adaptation I would be grateful for any ideas or hints, such as just do not bother etc!! I suspect the problem area is going to be the front to back dimension of the deck.

The 52" deck absolutely, positively will NOT fit under any of the "old style" Wheel Horse garden tractors.

You are correct about them being to long front-to-back. :thumbs:

biz-buz

TT, thank you for your comment, I did have a worry when I measured my old deck and was passed a rough dimension of the other deck that this was going to be a potential problem, but there does not seem to be much in it. Does anybody have a precise dimension on a picture or plan? The Toro site parts finder drawing is an oblique view so difficult to measure.

The height adjuster wheels are outside the rear wheels and the front deck rollers seem to be inside the front wheels so the overall depth is adaptable.

You must have a good reason to be so emphatic, have you actually tried this yourself or seen it tried? It does seem a shame to pass up a newish large deck!!

Is there nothing to be done here at all?? Impossible to adapt it, or remove/reposition bits that are in the wrong position? Sorry to question your comment but I am desperate to get a workable solution - no offence meant!

TT

This 52" deck was the commercial version of the one you have found (same shell design, just has reinforcements everywhere):

NJmowerdecks009.jpg

It's quite easy to see how long it is (front to back) at the discharge side.

One of the members here installed it on a custom-built :thumbs: garden tractor that was "stretched" to approximately a 53" wheelbase and there was JUST enough room for the deck to fit.

I won't say that it's impossible to put one on a "normal" wheelbase tractor, but I know I wouldn't attempt it.

That's my final answer. :wh:

biz-buz

Thanks TT, I suspect under the banner that less is more, a smaller deck that fits in directly like a 48 side discharge (ie a 5-1210) is probably ten times better for the sake of 4" extra cutting width! I think you just talked me out of this idea! :thumbs:

Does anybody have any ideas of where I could find a 48 side discharge deck??

Thanks for any offers. :wh:

Kelly

I've got 2 48" decks for sale, but your a bit of a drive from me.

biz-buz

PM and email sent!

Thanks for the offer. :thumbs: