Sign in to follow this  
dgjks6

PTO set up

dgjks6

OK guys - more help here

First study the picture.

14R10054-1.gif

That is the set up I have.

1 - does the PTO clutch rod (part #11) go that way through the PTO lever (part #1)? I mean from outside to inside? Like it is in the picture? I just put it on from inside to outside and it took 40 minutes to get the pin in. And I scratched a lot of paint. It would have been quicker to take the dash apart. But I tried it the other way and it did not seem to work.

2 - where does the spring go? my 312 has the other set up with the spring near the lever

3 - does the trunion go in the plate from the top or bottom? the 312 had it going from the bottom.

rmaynard

Goes from out to in. I put a washer and an "R" clip on it. The spring attaches as shown in pictures below. A small cotter pin goes into the rod from the bottom and forms a loop to attached the spring to. It then attaches to the bracket. The trunnion goes in from the top.

pic2.jpg

EDIT: Okay, this may be all for naught, as I was thinking you had a B-80. This info is based on my B-100.

C-Series14

Everything goes just like the pic shows...trunnion thru the top, rod out to in, and the spring slips over top of #31 and is held on by #15...

The spring location depends if it is an early or late production rod. Late production moved it from the PTO to the hoodstand. Here is a pic showing the spring AND the metal clip you have left over...

026-1.jpg

squonk

I'm missing that spring on my C-160. What is it's purpose? :thumbs:

C-Series14

So when you release the lever, it disengages fully I would say...against the brake.

rmaynard

I would think that since all the parts in that area are loose, (trunnion, plate, spacers, etc.) the spring helps to keep tension on all the parts to prevent noise from vibration. Functionally, it works with or without the spring.

can whlvr

i think ray is correct on the vibration

dgjks6

Thanks guys. Thaqt helped, but

from inside to outside this is what I meant (this goes from inside to outside)

DSCF7182.jpg

This is how it is set up on my 416 (same way, but the pic is bad - hard to get in there with the hood on)

DSCF7183.jpg

Its also like that on my 312. When I tried to flip it around it interfered with the PTO lever

C-Series14

I just looked at all my tractors and they go from inside out so the drawing is wrong I guess...must be a generic drawing because they all look the same from 78-84! The rod in the drawing is almost straight whereas the actual rod does bend down from the lever then up to the PTO.

So....put it on like the others are! :thumbs: