Sign in to follow this  
ricksrj58

another free tractor.love the word FREE

ricksrj58

Kelly, :thumbs: very much for the info

puddle, check out those tins and let me know

i am undecided if i want original or to put a 8 horse kohler on it,either way i need a engine and wiring harness

Gene_S

You didnt have to drive to far to pick it up I hope since its missing the hood ornament. :drool::thumbs:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

That's to funny...

dclarke

Wow, can't beat that Rick. Nice find! :thumbs:

Kelly

Well not to tell you what to do, but I have a 656 that now has a 8hp Kohler in my opinion it's a better tractor now.

Cleaverkid

WOW...nice score! I agree with most of the others...where do you guys find these things?

I don't know much about the Techy but I grew up riding an 856 with a Kohler that is still sitting in my father's workshop since he passed several years ago and I wouldn't trade that time for anything. Only difference I can identify from your pics is the gas tank.

Good luck!

puddlejumper

Sorry Rick right year wrong tractor my tins are for a L156 Lawn ranger really didnt know they used 2 different electric start techys in the same year but apperantly so. But I agree with the mainstream that a 8 horse kohler would make a nicer work tractor maybe somebody will donate a 856 model tag.

bunson70

Hi Rick. My hat is off to you!! Nice find! Take good care of her. :thumbs: :thumbs:

ricksrj58

Puddlejumper, thanks for looking. i am thinking a 8 horse kohler would be the right engine for the old horse,now i need to find one..

wheelhorse656

the tractor is a 656, 1966 6hp Tecumseh that would have had pull and electric start,

Nope they just had electric start no pull start. A lot of people took the correct debries screen off and put on a recoil starter but that