Sign in to follow this  
perry

a boy and his horse

perry

some of you remember i bought this for my daughter at a garage sale for $40 over the summer. i just now got around to get it running. runs and drives great. no smoke. since my daughter was napping my son took advantage of hauling some wood to the house on her tractor. i took his ranger to my FIL barn last friday and this one will go this friday. along with my 604 they are going into storage for future father-son-daughter restore's. i am just completly out of indoor storage.

oct20001.jpg

oct20002.jpg

oct20003.jpg

kj4kicks

Way to get them started, and interested, early ! Fuel the WH heritage.

Will a bead blaster and paint booth be in their future ??

Eldon.

T-Mo

Ah, yes. Batman and his horse :D Looks like he's having a fun. Looks like a good project for you and your child.

nylyon

Uh Oh, now you went and done it. Letting your son drive hs sisters horse. Around this house, that'll cost him 10 Poke'mon cards! He looks very comfortable on that ranger, great pictures and I love the dump trailer!

perry

she has been bugging me about getting it running. i worked on it monday while she was in school {kindergarden}. i got it running 10 min before she got home. i met her up my long driveway at the bus stop and let her drive it home. i could hear her screaming before the bus even stopped. that made her day. wish i had my camera.

kpinnc

That is great! Can't beat a hobby that your kids enjoy almost as much as you do. Good for you sir!

My 2 and 3 year old daughters can't reach the pedals, so I got them a wheel horse pedal tractor. My 10 year old daughter called my 310 a "lawnmower", and I haven't let her drive it since! :D That'll learn ya!

Got her a homework assignment. goes like this:

I WILL NOT CALL THE RED TRACTOR A LAWNMOWER.

Just kidding of course. I'm thrilled that they even care to spend time around the "old man". Now to get the wife involved... Anybody ever put air conditioning with the snow cab?

Kevin

perry

they cant reach the pedals either. i walk next to them while in a low gear. thats one reason why the tractors are going into storage for a later date. i did see something that was real cool once. a fella built running boards on a ranger and put a clutch pedal close for his son. he then ran a bar from the new pedal to the original one. it worked sweet. wish i had a pic. looked easy to do.

nylyon

That's why I love the C-120, the brake pedal is just a "return to neutral", and the go lever is easy to reach. The little ones love driving that one and do it well too.

perry

i cant let them drive my 877 hydro. i think i am missing some parts on it. the hydro lever is loose and just drops to full throttle :D. i yet have to figured out whats wrong. im use to it and just use the foot pedal to hold my speed. someday i need to figure out whats wrong.