Sign in to follow this  
mavfreak

retro fitting a mower deck

Len Haduck

Hi Heath,

Some info. I rough measured the holes in the deck and it looks like the lift assembly would match up. I think I would need a new double pulley for the belt drive, but honestly I know very little about this. The deck model is a 42XR01 and the photobucket link is below to copy and paste. I would be grateful for any info. or ideas you may give me. I live in cental pa and have been looking for a doner deck but have been unsuccessful. Missed on a very nice rd 42 today by minutes!

http://s737.photobucket.com/albums/xx11/Le...mview=slideshow

thanks,

Len

mavfreak

102_1952.jpg

102_1951.jpg

05-42xr01.jpg

mavfreak

Ok len your deck is set up for the atch-O- Matic You need to put all the frame work back onto it if you have it. And yes it does appear to be missing the double pulley. so at this point I think you should start another thread and we'll get others here involved with this and get you going. By the way your deck doesn't look like its in bad shape just looks like a little love is all it needs. And if the bearings are good in it you have the most expensive part and thats the deck so lets see what we can do

Kelly

That deck is for a vert shaft tractor, you will need to trim some of the front braket off, and add the top hanger, all the correct holes sould be there to mount it, not sure on the rear cross bar what will need to be changed, and you will need the double pulley, I have a B-111 with that same deck.

Len Haduck

I'll get looking. I need everything! I really appreciate the info. I figured the pulley would need replaced. Do you know if the double pulley is standard throughout the line or should I be looking for one from a 42 in deck? I will also begin the search for the lift mechanism. I have a 36 in deck I could probably pilfer it from but hate to pillage anything from a working deck.

Len

Len Haduck

Going on a 314-8

Len Haduck

Appreciate your help. Also started a new thread to try and scrounge up some of the parts. Have a great weekend!