Sign in to follow this  
closha63

What to do?

closha63

Well i have a 753 model with a K181 (8hp). The motor runs great. Starts with half a cranks. Now the thing is that when i purchased the tractor it had the starter/generator. I have converted to 12v stater with stator. Now with the starter on the side i can not get the battery to fit in the box and i cant move the box nor the motor. Has anyone had this issue. Could i just use the small ATV style battery and cut down the battery box? Since it runs so good i really do not want to convert back to starter/gen. Any help would be great.

smoreau

sounds like you got a low mount starter installed on your motor. to fit your tractor you need a high mount starter so your battery will fit. the difference is how the starter mounts to the engine, high mount the bolts are below the starter. low mount the bolts are above the starter. front fan shroud would need to be changed also. hope this helps. :thumbs: :thumbs:

closha63

So i have looked some on ebay for the starter and shroud. I can not find anything can someone help out here? Does anyone have these items for sale or trade for something?

sorekiwi

I dont think I have ever seen a high mount starter for a small block Kohler. What application were they used on?

closha63

im not to sure.. Member SMOREAU said about it. Hoping to get some more information.

Kelly

I've never seen one for a small box Kohler only the big blocks.

I sent you a PM