Sign in to follow this  
JeffP

eh520-h

JeffP

This worked fine until parked for the winter. Now it will start fine but not move. The pulley seems to turning. This is a uni-drive hydro unit. I could use a service\repair manual also.

Thanks

WH854

I am going to ask what is the eh designate :thumbs:

Chas

Kai Thomsen

The letter E is right next to the W on the keyboard, and he hit the wrong key ?

WH854

I guess that will work :thumbs:

Chas

Shuboxlover

Chas

I'm going to ask what the W designates then :thumbs:

Kelly

First off how long did you let it warm up?? I have a few 520's and most of them in the cold take at least 5 min. before they will move, I have one if it sets for a few weeks it takes 10 min at half throttle before it will move in the cold, does the deck lift?? look under it for puddles of oil, check the oil level, dip stick under the seat.

Sparky

Chas

It should have read "wh" which would stand for Wheel Horse.

Mike...........

smoreau

do as Kelley said. my 417a is like that and I see your new so :thumbs: you will learn a lot here at RS :thumbs: :thumbs:

Shuboxlover

Chas

It should have read "wh" which would stand for Wheel Horse.

Mike...........

Oh.....I just thought that should go without saying....beings this IS a Wheel Horse forum :thumbs::drool: :thumbs:

sorekiwi

Chas

The eh was the export model for Canada.

:thumbs:

SAM58

Hello & :thumbs:

HoW aBoUt pICtUReS!!!

WOULD BE COOL TO SEE.... :thumbs:

JeffP

Typo---wh--I know--I should have proof read!

Thanks for all the responses. I will post what I find.

ChevelleSSLS6

check the level of fluid as well... especially if it leaks (like mine does). :thumbs:

:thumbs: about the Canadian WH. :thumbs:

JeffP

Update--The deck hydraulics would not work either so following Kelly's advice I let it warm up for about ten minutes and tried again..the direction control did nothing so I tried the deck and after about 5 tries the deck started working, then the mower started moving also..slow at first..but the motor started sounding like it was under a heavy load and sounded like it was choking out. my first thought was the hydro pump so I lifted the disengagement lever, but the motor still sounded like it was choking out so this told me it wasn't the hydro unit. I then did a basic tune up and changed fuel filter, air filter and plugs. I also bought a new battery since the present one was three years old and didn't hold charge very well. This fixed the motor issue and the hydraulics are working ok also. Thanks for all the help.

Jeff

Kelly

Glad you have it figured out, I love my 520's, I'm going to change my trans fluid to full synthetic oil, I hope that will help next winter with the warm up time.

can whlvr

glad u got her working without any grief,its funny how long those eatons take to warm up,my friend around the corner has one and all it does is snow blow,the deck rotted out and he bought a homedepot jd to mow with,anyway he starts it in the winter and then goes to have a coffee before its warm enough,i have a 1975 c160auto that i had the pump professionally rebuilt and it will lift the blower instantly even in the VERY cold(i dont do this as i let it warm up but it will move instatly in any temperature,strange how different things can be

tiggercl

Glad you have it figured out, I love my 520's, I'm going to change my trans fluid to full synthetic oil, I hope that will help next winter with the warm up time.

Is it best to warm up the hydro on the 520 with the brake on or off?

Kelly

If your tractor has the pull up handle for the belt tensioner,(many newer ones like my 520's don't have it) start the tractor let the engine warm for a min. or so, then release the brake/put tension on the belt, that will turn the hydro pump and let the trans warm up, be sure to block the tires if your tractor creeps, my 520 does not creep but in the winter for safty I put the plow all the way down as a parking brake, so I don't have any issues with it running off or over me.

Forest Road

I started running amsoil in my 314H last year. The trans is definitely better off in the winter. I still let it warm up. Now there's less concern of thick gooey oil having to heat up on those sub zero days. I really noticed a difference in my cars on cold starts with amsoil compared to conventional oils.

Hydro

I resemble that remark! :canada:

Hydro

I am going to ask what is the eh designate :scratchead:

Chas

The eh was the export model for Canada.

:hide:

I resemble that remark!