Sign in to follow this  
trettig

Huffy Tractor

trettig

Does anyone know the history of the Huffy Tractor. The super small tractor for mowing grass. How many are there. Popular or Not? How much are they worth? Does anyone have one?

TT

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-his...ny-History.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

30 or 40 years ago they were plentiful and being used to mow.

Like everything else, they're worth only as much as someone will pay - or whatever they weigh X the current scrap price. :thumbs:

trettig

In other words, how much can I get ripped off for. Do you think 70$ is good?

zieg72

I am making an assumption you are considering a purchase. Will it do the job based on the work it is needed to do. $70 isn't bad if all you have to do is put gas in it and start cutting grass. If you get a season out of it versus paying someone to do it would be the questions to ask yourself. My grandmother shelled out $40 to cut her 0.6 acres and had the mower. I doubt parts are readily available for the Huffy and an older WH may be worth some thought. My $.02

sscotsman

If they made tractors to the same standards they have always made bicycles, personally I would pass! :thumbs:

Google brought up a few interesting photos:

http://i50.tinypic.com/mjo7qq.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2cralwp.jpg

Although with a lot of brands, the quality in the past is significantly better than the quality today..so its possible Huffy did once make a good tractor/mower..but based on the reputation of the Huffy name when it comes to bicycles, I would expect something pretty low-end and cheap..

could be a fun little mower though!

and they seem quite rare..so as long as you understand what it is, and what it isnt, it could be something interesting and unique to own! :thumbs:

Scot

mr.pipes

Here is a pic of my buddy's brother on his huffy.

wheelstandmatty-1.gif

trettig

To the disappointment of some I am the collector of tractors that does not use them. I sit on them while drinking my coffee in the morning. Day dream of riding them or starting them one day. Or just plain working on them. Useful is left to my Toro Wheel Horse 32 inch plastic machine that sits out behind the shed. Its the little tractors that float my boat

VinsRJ

Tom, if you remember I had a Pinto in my shed..... the same machine. Sold it on Evil-Bay for $125.00.... it was in darn near mint original condition.

grnlark

Tom, cool tractors to collect and look at if you really have a love affair with them. They are useless to cut grass (worse than the Ruggs) and not worth a lot. More than likely if you restore one, the cost of paint alone over shoots the value of the tractor. There's nothing wrong with that if you like the machine, but just something to keep in mind.

trettig

matt,

Is that your Gemco in the new LGTC mag. I am pretty sure it is.

if you get a chance to post photos of your carpet cut - I am sure people would appreciate it. I would like to see.

grnlark

Nope, not my Gemco... Haven't gotten the latest issue yet :thumbs:

I'll get a few pics of the Rugg. It's down my basement. Don't tell my wife what's under that sheet next to the treadmill :thumbs: