Sign in to follow this  
randy22052

Thinking about selling or parting out

randy22052

I have a YT12-A, 22-12TE01, with what I believe to be 05-42SB05 42" deck. I have found most literature and manuals, except OM. Question is why does this model seem to be rare? Only mention I can find is for 1986.

I have been cutting with it since 1993 when I bought it. Original 12hp Tecumseh lasted about a year. Replaced it with 14hp Kohler rope start (added 120vac electic starter, YES I said 110vac). Only issues have been pulleys and belts till now. Not even a flat on original tires.

I am putting a new fan & pulley (bent somehow, threw belt and got into fan) on Eaton 700 pump/motor, PTO is completely worn out (slips bad, deck boggs down easily). Also seems as though there may be a problem with 1320a peerless differential, was running fine when I took tranny out, but when examining, turning in one direction manually seems fine, reverse direction and seems to slip a tooth somewhere.

Any thoughts or info appreciated!

mavfreak

:thumbs:

dgjks6

I think it is a verticle engine yard tractor like the 200 series. Not sure why the different designation with th YT though.

I don't think they are rare because I see the 200's come up on ebay from time to time. I've seen people talk about them here on red square and they are pretty happy with them.

randy22052

I see what you mean, looks like it is basicly a 200 series. Guess I just need to know if the differential is bad or going. Whether it would be worth repairing if bad. I am not necessarily interested in restoring, just it's such a damn good tractor.

boovuc

Hi Randy,

It is a 200 series tractor. I believe the YT in the model numbers translate to Yard Tractor as opposed to a garden Tractor. Essentially a difference in what attachments you can hook up to it. Wheelhorse Garden Tractors use horizontal Shaft Engines with heavy frames and most Lawn Tractors are Vertical Shaft Engines with lighter frames. I have people all around me that have old and newer Toro/Wheelhorse lawn tractors. None of them would part with them If most of what you do is "mow the lawn", they are great for it and like the Garden tractors, if cared for as yours was, it will give many years of service. More than the box store machines.

If the Peerless rearend is going on yours, go to Ebay or Craigslist and watch for a replacement. If you like it and know it, try to keep it. Change is inevitable but it doesn't have to be your tractor!

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

randy22052

Yes it is a vertical, and found three 200 models listed for 1986 (208-3,211-3 & 211-5). Found that the difference (at least for 86) between these 200 series and the YT12-A is -3 is 3 spd and -5 is 5 spd, YT was the automatic version (hence -A=auto). Damn confusing. If available the PTO is about $300.00! Might just keep for tractor since deck has issues too.