Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Wapakoneta Ohio show May 23-25

Nick

Thought I would mention the show in Wapakoneta Ohio next weekend, May 23-25. This is a good size show I think most years they have around 300 antique tractors and 50 or more garden tractors. Show is at the Auglaize county fairgrounds west side of town, just off rt33 and 2 exits west of I-75. Only $2 admission.

Forgot to mention there isnt much for a swap meet area. There is an auction Saturday morning but I get anything that sells cheap. :whistle:

Brrly1

Hey Nick I have been told that the swap area is growing though. Can you tell me how much truth to that there is? Just kind of curious, Steve,Carl and myself are going to be headed down next Saturday and whoever else we can drag along with us. Burly

Rollerman

Nick I'm hopeing to make it down with a tractor....if anything do some shopping at a certain garage in Wapac... :whistle:

Hope to see ya there.

Nick

John, The swap area might be getting a little larger but I didnt hear if they have a plan to make it larger. The amount of garden tractors sure has grown over the last few years though.

Stephen, Ive hauled a few items into and out of that garage. :whistle: With all the cold and wet weather I dont know if the Load Ranger will be ready for the show. Might just wash the worst of the dirt off and haul it over.

Nick

Went through the show today. Must have been 16 or more WH there today with 4 or 5 of those being lever steers and SRs. Noticed the parts man came again this year, he has a trailer full of small parts pulled off WH tractors. Other than that only thing for sale was one tractor and a hood. Might be more come in tonight though.

For anyone into pulls there is a street truck and semi pull Saturday starting at 4:30. The antique stock show tractors pull on Sunday at 12.

Few pictures from setup day yesterday.

wapak003.jpg

wapak005.jpg

oldandred

Hey Nick I have been told that the swap area is growing though. Can you tell me how much truth to that there is? Just kind of curious, Steve,Carl and myself are going to be headed down next Saturday and whoever else we can drag along with us. Burly

John i was up there last year in Oct I think and there was lots of tractor parts good food and super nice people even if nick was there just kidding.unlike the winter time I almost frooze but had a good time.

wish I was there this time :whistle:

Rollerman

Must have been 16 or more WH there today with 4 or 5 of those being lever steers and SRs.

Nick those Levers & Seniors wouldn't happen to belong to D&M Wheel Horse Ranch? :WRS:

http://www.geocities.com/dmwheelhorseranch/

John i was up there last year in Oct I think and there was lots of tractor parts good food and super nice people even if nick was there just kidding.unlike the winter time I almost frooze but had a good time.

wish I was there this time

Jerry i think your thinking of the swapmeet...the show on Memorial Day weekend has the same atmosphere, friendly people, & good food with warmer weather & lots of nice tractors. :whistle:

Nick

Jerry,

Too bad its such a long drive for you. Would have been nice to had you stop by the show just so ya didnt haul all the buckeye tractors back to VA. :whistle: Wasnt so warm tonight either. It was a bit chilly around 60 when i left.

Stephen,

Yes D&M are up again. I think they have made it to our show for several years now. Dennis didnt have a great day you'll have to ask him about it tomorrow.

Rollerman

Nick I won't be comeing to Wapack this time....but did type to Dennis & heard the news.

Hope you get lot's of pics of the show & post them here...like D&M's display..hint,hint!

Nick hope you make it to PA.

Nick

Loaded up some pictures and a video. :whistle:

Photobucket album

th_wapak020.jpgth_wapak006.jpgth_wapak005-1.jpg

th_wapak003-1.jpgth_wapak002.jpgth_wapak001.jpg

th_wapakshowvideo.jpg

WheelHorse_of_course

Thanks for the Pix Nick.