Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

another junk yard find

Kelly

Stoped by the local junk yard to see if they had any goodies, They saved a C-160 auto with hyd. lift for me :whistle: kinda ruff but it came with 2, 42 SD decks 1 is nice with new blades on it not even rusty, the other deck is older but not in too bad of shape, also picked up, a Sears 3 point set up complete, and a harrow and cultivator both sears 3 point, and a brinly style hitch for a craftsman,and a nice seat, All for $60

I got it home and changed the coil and conensor, put a batt. in it, shot some brake clean in it and it started right up, fuel lines leak bad so I stoped there, I will put some lines on it, and run it longer to test the hydro out, but even if it's bad I'm happy :WRS: .

I will Ebay the sears stuff to get my money back. I'll post pic's soon.

rustbucket

I wish i had the luck you all seem to have at getting these tractors i just got drop dead lucky one of you hadn't found the one i got seeing as how it was sitting for so long at the PO's house for so long.

joebob

good find I wish they would save stuff like that around me they just tell you its not worth seperating , even if you tell them just set if aside and you will go though it they wont , any ways good luck with it

Rollerman

Kelly I'd say thats a heck of a nice find & good plan on ebaying the sears stuff to cover the costs.

You are one fortunate person to have a local scraper willing to put stuff aside for you. :whistle:

Kelly

Very nice people, this is a small outfit, not the big ones, like Omni scrap.

I have a junk yard in two town's I live between both save stuff, only 5 mile to both.

I don't get everything but most of it, They have a sears with a twin in it I'm thinking about buying to resell, I think it is where the other parts came from.

GlenPettit

Kelly: You must be slipping that guy a bottle or two of really good stuff. I go to the same junk yard, even if they say they have no Wheel Horses, I look around, they must hid "your" tractors from me.

Great job, again, and again, and again . . . .

T-Mo

Kelly,

Great find. I wish I could find a junk yard that would hold stuff for me like that. You're one lucky dude, dude. :whistle:

Kelly

Finally took some pic's of my junk yard treasures, It's a 74 C-160 auto

105_1412.jpg

105_1413.jpg

And the Sears stuff I picked up with the two WH 42"SD decks

105_1411.jpg

nylyon

You've done good, really good! If by chance you decide to part it out, which would be a shame.... DIBS on the hydro valve, cylinder and muffler! :whistle:

edit: and the hood emblem too! That tractor has EVERYTHING I need :WRS:

Duff

All for $60

Man, you'd better buy some lottery tickets soon - that's a stroke of luck like I've never seen!

Congrats!

Deereman :whistle: :WRS:

Kelly

Not sure what I'm doing with it, but don't think it will get parted, runs good, still havn't tested the hydro.

You want the belt tensioner adjustment knob? There TT not a mule drive.

Karl How do I make my pic's smaller??? I edit them, and save to that size but it don't take. I'm lost.

T-Mo

Kelly,

That tractor doesn't look bad at all. Did the newer Toro rims come with it when you got it or did you put those rims on it? Looks like a very good score. :whistle:

Kelly

The rims and tires came on it, I was thinking craftsman, but could be Toro.

nylyon

the pics are 1024x768 now, did you size them to 640x480? After you resize you have to click save.

Rollerman

Another very nice find Kelly! :whistle:

That backlot beside the barn has got to be overflowing?

Also I've aquired a few Horses with that type of back tire...but never seen that combination on the front...at least on a horse.

They look similiar to Piper Cub landing wheels or the fronts on a Work Horse.

I like them...they don't tear up the grass when turning tight. :WRS:

TT

My 1986 312A had rear tires just like those. The fronts look like the 308 models from the same era. :whistle:

KyBlue

Awesome Score!!

perry

:whistle: ...sweet deals

DMESS

Nice find! Looks like a heck of a lot more than $60 worth of goodies to me. BUT, is that a DOOR KNOB? :whistle:

combatmp29r

Are you talking about on the mule drive Dustin? Looks like one to me too. :whistle:

CasualObserver

Nah... just an antique first edition Mule Drive. Must have been adapted by a PO! :whistle:

Kelly

Yes it's a door knob, a old metal one.

Hillbilly enginering, But it worked