Sign in to follow this  
chris11

Panzer t758es

chris11

Ok I Found a Panzer tractor for sale, Two towns over from me. The guy was asking 75.00 for it. I jumped at the chance. I have 2 of them now and maybe i could flip this one.Well i took a ride over to the guys, and he open this old barn door and there was a 66 panzer with a snow plow on it. He said he had some other stuff that goes with it.Like the power take off, mower deck,cultivator,snow plow ,snow blower, and coulter plow.and three buckets of parts. and all the paper work from day one. Well come to find out the paper had a miss print. It wasnt 75.00 it was 150.00 he said he just got a battery for it. Sold me. Ill take some pictures. Now i need sell one of my tractors............

grnlark

The T75's are cool machines. It should have a Kohler electric start if its original. Even without pictures, if you got the tractor and the power takeoff alone for $150 you did fine. If the deck is nice, that would be sweet too. The snowblower and plow aren't worth much though. Great tractors and a lot of fun. Would like to see the pics when you get them up. :thumbs:

VinsRJ

What my brother (grnlark) said :thumbs:

Really cool machines and for $150, you did well. K181 Kohler would be original, as well as, amp gauge. The PTO is worth $150 if everything is present like the engagement lever and pulley. Keep in mind that the PTO is required for the snowblower so if you sell the PTO separately the blower is pretty much useless for a Panzer.

chris11

I think i may restore everything, it does have the k181 , im in the middle of doing my t70 right now. complete rebuild had to make new frame rails rotted out inside. also rebuilt rear end and engine. no i have a 1962,1966,and a 1968 the 68 is a 1110 with a plow.

VinsRJ

There's no question that they are rugged machines, I just dislike the reverse disc and the inablility to switch belt pitches quickly.

Horse'n Around

Sounds like you got a great deal. Panzers are really cool looking tractors.

Please show us some pics when you get the chance, Im looking forward to seeing it.

John

chris11

well i took some pictures, they didnt come out that good.panzer021-1.jpga>

heres the one i picked up over the summer.

paintedwheelhorse004.jpg

and heres the one im restoring

panzer006.jpg

panzer007.jpg

kthack657

Chris,

What paint and color are you using? I am looking for paint for my Panzer.

Thanks,

Jim

chris11

Its called Nason, dupont owns them. i had the color mixed at the parts store. goes on great.

Horse'n Around

Wow the sheet metal looks really straight on the top one. I really like them,being a :thumbs: addict, if I wasn't afraid to spread myself out too thin and all I would love to get one too.

Cool looking tractors!

John

mavfreak

Thats a nice tractor! Whats the history on them where were they made and all that fun stuff?

chris11

By Jim Haynes

Panzer tractors originated with an engineer named Jim Clark. Jim worked for a precision instrument manufacturer named Ahrendt Instrument Company. Jim had just built a new house in the Washington suburb of College Park Maryland and he rented a walk behind garden tractor to help him with the landscaping. Landscaping with the walk behind proved to be more work than Jim thought it should be and the tractor was not much help. Jim felt he could build a better product, so he talked to farmers, gardeners and members of the Department of Agriculture at the University of Maryland and with their help came up with a design. A proto-type was built in 1953, but was soon scrapped. Jim redesigned a new model that featured a used narrowed Dodge or Plymouth automobile rear end, individual rear brakes and a belt tightener/reverse disc (Gledematic) drive system. These features remained as features of the Panzer throughout its existence. Jim's boss became interested in the tractor and thought it had sales potential so they formed a company called COPAR (short for College Park) to manufacture the tractor. A contest among the employees of Ahrendt Instruments was held to name the tractor and PANZER was the result. 1954 saw the start of production with about 350 tricycle Panzers built at College Park.

In 1955 COPAR moved to a refurbished plant in Laurel Maryland where it remained until 1960. Various models were built at Laurel including 4 models of tricycle and 4 models of the 4-wheel version of the tricycle. All featured 16" rear wheels and a 9hp Briggs and Stratton engine. Copar also introduced a light 4-wheel garden tractor in 1958. It featured 12" rear wheels and either a 4HP Clinton or 5

trettig

It seems like Wheel Horse People also gravitate to Panzer tractors as well. I can understand - they are super cool machines.

Tom