Sign in to follow this  
squonk

snowblower chain

squonk

Just picked up this 36" blower today. Needs some TLC but everything turns free. It's got a blowout patch job but it seems sturdy and it's got a cobbed chute cable but it works. It came with the lift rod and flag and that's worth what I paid alone It's missing the drive chain. What size and length is needed and does anyone have a pic of the chain routing?

DSCF0867.jpg

DSCF0868.jpg

sorekiwi

I have a 42" blower, but it looks like it is more or less the same as yours. I had to replace my chain last week.

I got #40 chain from Tractor Supply, about $14 for a 10' length, and it comes with a master link.

TT has a chain routing picture here: http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...=25197&hl=chain

squonk

I guess mine is 42" too if you add in the water wings. the number on the blower is

96-429T01 20224 What do you use to cut the chain?

Kelly

You can use a punch to drive the pins out, set over a small socket to support the link, they make a small press, used to push the pins out, sometimes you have to grind the heads off the pins on larger chain.

squonk

Mike your Model# should read(96-42ST01) It is a1979 Model, put your model # in here it will give you a break down of your blower.

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro

Chas

Thanks Chas. :thumbs::thumbs: Is there a way to adjust the chain tension? :thumbs:

WH854

Mike I went out and measured the old chain that was on my blower it is 50 3/4 inch without the master link. You can adjust the chain with the adjusting sprocket(it has a sloted hole) :thumbs:

Chas