Sign in to follow this  
Dresden Guy

Charger 12 Auto to my C-160/8 ????

Dresden Guy

I went to lawn tractor "graveyard" today and saw a Charger 12 Auto w/ hydraulic lift rolling frame sitting all by it's lonesome. It appears to be in superb condition except that the K241 is gone and some of the front sheet metal has been cut away with a torch. But the rearend appears to be like new including the hydraulic lift valve and hoses/fittings. I didn't have my camera for pics :thumbs: Since there was no VIN ID plate or engine, the hydro tranny should be a Sundstrand 90-2046 - am I right ???

Now, here's my question: Can the hydraulic lift and hydro tranny rearend be swapped out with my C-160/8 or is the conversion "surgery" so involved I should abandon the idea?? My left arm, after much snow plowing, makes Popeye's arm look like a toothpick :thumbs: ..... those RS members who plow with manual lift 48" blades know what I mean!

I can buy the rolling frame - tranny rearend/hydr. lift/etc. for approx. $75.

I need advice ......!!!!! :thumbs:

bell

Seems to me that it would be easier to take all of the "good stuff" off of the C-160 and put it on the Charger.... Most of the parts will interchange. You will, however, need a hydro engine pulley...

can whlvr

like bell said,it would be easier to add a motor to the hydro unit,maybe u can find another motor for it?if the tranny and pump are good thats a fair price

forphase1

If you don't pick that up, let me know. I'm kinda in the market for my next Wheel Horse project. Thanks.

Dresden Guy

I will let you know. It may be 10 days to 2 weeks before I will go back because he has to unmount a brand new set of Carlisle ags for me to buy. I will be glad to PM you if I pass.