Sign in to follow this  
halbert

Rebuild Manual Question

halbert

Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion as to the best source of a rebuild manual for a BF series Onan. I've searched the net pretty extensively in my quest. I'd like to find something intended a bit more closely for the Wheel Horse tractor line(D160 Automatic). There seem to be plenty of manuals for Generator Set engines, which are probably simiar, but I'd feel more comfortable with a manual intended for the purpose.

I've found some manuals that are pretty close and will probbly go with one of those unless I get better advice here. Thanks for your help. I'm climbing the up-side of a learning curve here in my old age.

Henry

halbert

Thanks gys. I'll check out those links.

Henry

woodchuckfarmer

Go to Wheelhorse Links , and at the bottom of the page you will find manuals. Use the Onan preformance manual its a good one.

halbert

Thanks for the tip Woodchuckfarmer, but that performance manual is for the newer P200 series engine design. Still it may be useful in some respects. I may just download it.

I am looking specifically for rebuild or service manuals tht cover the older BF engine model design. It really is difficult to find information specific to the BF design. I know for sure that Onan made a BF because I have one itting in my 1977 D160Auto. lol :thumbs:

Thanks for the help,

Henry

halbert

TT, Maybe it's me, but I couldn't get that Cummins link to open. Not to fret, however. I found a downloadable manual at Onan Parts. http://onanparts.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

I was querrying them about a breather tube and thought to ask about the manual. Like the old saying goes, "It pays to ask." Best of all is the FREE part. https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=c5330....1&disp=safe&zw

Thanks to everybody for their help anyway.

Henry

WH854

Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion as to the best source of a rebuild manual for a BF series Onan. I've searched the net pretty extensively in my quest. I'd like to find something intended a bit more closely for the Wheel Horse tractor line(D160 Automatic). There seem to be plenty of manuals for Generator Set engines, which are probably simiar, but I'd feel more comfortable with a manual intended for the purpose.

I've found some manuals that are pretty close and will probbly go with one of those unless I get better advice here. Thanks for your help. I'm climbing the up-side of a learning curve here in my old age.

Henry

Did you get a repair manual :hide:

If not the tractor in your avatar is Model# 71-16OS01 you can get a manual here just put 71-16OS01 in and none for serial# hit search wala downloadable repair manual :WRS:

https://lookup3.toro.com/request/request.cfm

Chas