Sign in to follow this  
wheelhorseraider14

wheelhorse raider14 axle no drive

wheelhorseraider14

Hi all this is wes :thumbs:

I have a big problem with my wheelhorse raider 14 :thumbs:

I have been towing a big trailer around with her and she will tow it fine, but yestereday i was reversing with the big trailer and a big hay bale on the back, then suddenly the revers gear started to scrunch very bad so i stoped then started to drive forward. All forward gears where fine so i took the trailer off unloaded it all on to my little trailer. After a couple of hours later i got stuck in the feild with my little trailer with hay on the back, i went to revers out of the mud then the gear box scrunched, it made a bad noise then i lost all gears. :thumbs:

Does anyone have any idea on what could of gone in my gear box please :thumbs:

Many thanks Wes

WH nut

Sounds like its broke hard. Time to tear it down

wheelhorseraider14

Yeah i think she is broken big time :drool: but i think im gunna buy one to put on her so i can keep using her, then have a go at fixing the broken one :thumbs: rick

:thumbs: for that link it look very helpfull ill be using that to repair mine :thumbs:

Chers brian :thumbs:

rmaynard

Your input pulley to the transmission is locked in place with a woodruff key and a setscrew. I have seen the setscrews loosen, pulley drift outward and woodruff key fall out, break, or tear up the inside of the pulley to the point where it will go one way, but not the other. Then nothing. Take a look there before going to deep.

wheelhorseraider14

Ok ill have a look at that, i will check its out because thats what heppened to mine went one way but not the other now there nothing :thumbs:

:thumbs: for the helping information bob :thumbs:

can whlvr

its a good thing to have a spare tranny,then as u said swap it out and fix the other when time and $ permit,ive waited for weeks for tranny parts that were on back order,i got a good used tranny 4 100 bucks and it cost me 100 to ship,i needed an axel and it was near 350 alone,so needless to say it was far cheaper to get a whole tranny and then i watched ebay and got the parts i needed to fix the original for cheap,it took some time to find them but they did surface eventually

wheelhorseraider14

Yeah thats what im gunna do buy a spare tranny, im going to have a look at one in the week so hopfully ill get the tranny and ill be away agein :thumbs: and then ill use that info to help me brake my tranny down and atleast if it takes long for me to find the parts and order them my horse will still be going :thumbs:

Sounds like you had a expencive job then :thumbs: yeah it sounds cheaper to buy the tranny hole :thumbs: well ill be looking around for some parts when i find the problem.

chers don