Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Great weekend!!

Sparky

Well guys it was a great weekend for Wheel Horse/tractor part deals here in Connecticut. Went to a metal scrap yard to cash in some copper wire and saw pair of 50# cast iron wheel weights. The last pair of cast iron weights I bought were $100. I asked about em and the guy says "give me $20 and their yers"!!! I couldnt get the $20 outa my wallet fast enough.

Next was a BRAND NEW 48" plow on e-bay in the next town over. $150 opening bid and no one but me bid.......so I picked it up today for $150 and its sweet!! This thing has never touched pavement and shines like new.

Mike......on a Wheel horse high :D

Wheelweights.jpg

48plow.jpg

Sparky

Hey Karl. Why did the pics end up side by side and how do I prevent that from happening again.

Thanks Mike.......

nylyon

See that's why I go to Connecticut for all my stuff! Mike, you got yourself an incredible deal on both of those. That handle on the plow looks like it has some interesting bends to it. Also, I've heard the newer plows have 5 stops for the angle, is this the case with this one too? In any event, very nice weekend indeed!

For the pictures, you need to add a line between the two images. I fixed it for ya!

T-Mo

Yes, great deals and finds. That blade is real shiny. Excellent weekend, indeed.

Sparky

Thanks for fixing my post Karl....yer a great maintainance man :D !

Mike.......

Sparky

Hey Treed. Thanks and yer right...it is real shiny...almost to shiny to use! I have 3 42" blades I use now, but I think its gonna be real hard to install the new one and drop it onto my gravel driveway. I can just hear the paint gittin scrapped off after just one pass and me cryin :D .

Mike..........

kj4kicks

WTG Mike !!

That settles it, I'm moving to CT... LOL.

Eldon.

Rollerman

Good find Mike...that plow a 42" or 48"?

Can't beet the price on the wheel weights either, man they go nuts on ebay!

Stephen in northern IN

Sparky

The plows a 48"er. My first big plow :D .

Mike.........

T-Mo

Hey Treed. Thanks and yer right...it is real shiny...almost to shiny to use! I have 3 42" blades I use now, but I think its gonna be real hard to install the new one and drop it onto my gravel driveway. I can just hear the paint gittin scrapped off after just one pass and me cryin :D .

Mike..........

I was going to say it was too shiny to use, but..... Ain't that Wheel Horses for, to work and use. :P

Sparky

Yep...their supposed to be worked and this plow will plow but not till I get the driveway paved. My dirt/gravel driveway is wicked on plows and blowers.

Mike......