Sign in to follow this  
DMK855

Metal Kohler engine tags.

DMK855

I would like to get a replacement engine ID tag for my K181. I was wondering if anyone is reproducing them?? All of the 'black" is gone off of mine. It still has the stamped numbers though!!

Thanks!!

Kelly

I think he wants the old metal tags from the 60's and older that are riveted to the blower housing, I've seen re pro ID tags for battan (sp) tractors on ebay but not the engine tags.

MikesRJ

There is a company in Mason City, Iowa that can make new tags. Their name is D & D, phone is 641-423-9487.

D&D Sales

Address: 840 12th St. NW, Mason City, IA 50401

Phone: 641-423-9487 / 1-800-325-5308

Fax: 641-423-3068

Email: service@(AT)ddsales(DOT)org

Web Address: http://www.ddsalesonline.com/

rmaynard

There is a company in Mason City, Iowa that can make new tags. Their name is D & D, phone is 641-423-9487.

D&D Sales

Do you have to send them artwork? Can the make the spec/serial tags printed with the specific data from my engine as shown below?

IMG_0615-1.jpg

DMK855

Bob, I was pretty sure that Terry can make that style ID sticker. I saw them somewhere. I know the UK guys have posted pics of them too!! I am in need of the alum. ID plate that push rivets to the motor.

MikesRJ, called and left a message with Chuck at D&D. I will let you know the results. Thanks!! :thumbs:

wheelhorse656

Bob, I was pretty sure that Terry can make that style ID sticker. I saw them somewhere. I know the UK guys have posted pics of them too!! I am in need of the alum. ID plate that push rivets to the motor.

MikesRJ, called and left a message with Chuck at D&D. I will let you know the results. Thanks!! :thumbs:

Hope it works out 4 ya Good Luck! :thumbs:

sorekiwi

Do you have to send them artwork? Can the make the spec/serial tags printed with the specific data from my engine as shown below?

IMG_0615-1.jpg

Bob, I thought Terry did these too, but I cant find them on his website now. Why dont you send him a message, and if he doesnt already do them - he needs to!!

He does the serial number decals for the early 60's roundhoods, and will print your own serial number on them, I dont see why he couldnt do the same with these decals.

MikesRJ

D&D Sales

IMG_0615-1.jpg

I was referring to metal "tags" not decals. And yes, they do insert tag data if you supply the original.

64s

DMK855, Contact Terry. I was in contact with him last summer and then dropped the ball. I was going to send him a tag with the correct wording so he could reproduce it for a k91). Then remove all of the paint (lacquer thinner or similar), place the decal over the tag and it should look almost new and have the original stamping. It should work. Good Luck.

DMK855

64s, That is a good Idea as well. The only problem is that I do not have a tag with any wording!! All I have is the model number and serial number stamped on a piece of aluminum!! :thumbs:

sorekiwi

If no one else gets to it first, I'll take a picture and post it in the next day or so. (My best tag is on a tractor buried deep in the back of the garage, I probably wont get there till the weekend).

64s

DMK855, I don't know if all of the 181's have the same wording, but let me know the spec number and I'll see if I can dig one out this weekend. George

dclarke

here's the tag on my "857".DSC00951.jpg

• Like 1

DMK855

George, Dclark has just what I need right there!! Even the same spec. number!!

Thanks!!

DMK855

Heard back from Chuck at D&D...... They no longer do the ID tags!!!! :thumbs: Sent a PM to Terry, hopefully he can come up with something!!