Sign in to follow this  
wheel horse tractor guy

what size motor does a 953 have

wheel horse tractor guy

I really don't know which one to get the 953 has a 12 kohler and a bad mowerdeck. If i'm not mistaken i think this model came with a 9.5 kohler and not a 12 horse. The c-125 the guy told me it has a good mowerdeck and a snow blower attachment. Me i like original tractors this one has the original 12 horse kohler i think i will be buying this one for $400.This one will be my sixth addition to the family. :thumbs:

VinsRJ

9=9hp / 5=electric start / 3=1963

Someone may corrcet me but I believe thats the designation.

Pollack Pete

Vinsrj is correct with his info.I have 2 953 and one 1054.I like them because of the size and heft.Plus they have a maual tranny plus hydraulic lift.Personally,if I were looking at another 953 and that c-125 you're looking at.......I'd try to buy them both.Good luck with your decision.

64s

Technically your right, the 953 came with a 9.5 hp Kohler. The 1054 was the same exact engine except for the carb and (I just drew a blank). The two small changes Kohler made boosted the hp to 10 in '64.

:thumbs:

Retired Wrencher

9=9hp / 5=electric start / 3=1963

Someone may corrcet me but I believe thats the designation.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Vince I think the 5 is manual shift = 4 speed??? and 953is starter/Gen set up. T/C Gary B......