neil

what a fasinating web site

thanx terry :thumbs:

rmaynard

well fanny has a different meaning here in the UK

im sure the ukers know what it means

Oops. Well I guess that could happen as well. :thumbs:

Lane Ranger

Oliver made some very nice garden tractors also!

These are from a Show in Winamac, Indiana in 2010.

100_8541.jpg

TT

Oliver made some very nice garden tractors also!

They were actually made by Jacobsen.

AMC RULES

well fanny has a different meaning here in the UK

im sure the ukers know what it means

My apologies, but obviously the "UK" version was not what I intended. :thumbs:

HorseFixer

Yep this area is rich with tractor heritage, :thumbs: South Bend 10 miles south of me and 14 miles north is Dowagiac, Mi. Home of the Amigo tractor. :thumbs:

HorseFixer

I just had a thought! John Burrly, Hey do you think you could get some wheel horse Seats Casted? :thumbs: I know he was having a foundry do the front Toumbstone weights well how about some seats? :thumbs:

neil

well Bob that thought about the seats did cross my mind ,wouldnt it be great to have a commarative wheel horse cast iron seat with maybe the wheel horse logo and the word wheel horse written on it & maybe the even the tractoe model

But i was wondering if copyright laws would come into play and stop this from happening.

I actually have a cast iron seat on my 400 at the moment which came off a different tractor.

So John Burly can you arrange this with your foundry guys for us to have a cast Iron wheel horse seat made ? im sure you will get lots of buyers

HorseFixer

well Bob that thought about the seats did cross my mind ,wouldnt it be great to have a commarative wheel horse cast iron seat with maybe the wheel horse logo and the word wheel horse written on it & maybe the even the tractoe model

But i was wondering if copyright laws would come into play and stop this from happening.

I actually have a cast iron seat on my 400 at the moment which came off a different tractor.

So John Burly can you arrange this with your foundry guys for us to have a cast Iron wheel horse seat made ? im sure you will get lots of buyers

Neil I wouldn't think that there would be a problem at all. :thumbs: Decals are reproduced, Banners are made, signs are made, Key chains are made,

T Shirts, Hats, Coats are made. Reproduction parts are made from A to Z! I am Sorry to say Toro doesn't give a crap about Wheel Horse anymore, they

have abandoned US! <_< And I am happy we have these Wheel Horse Vendors that keeps the Heritage alive and supply parts to keep our tractors fixed. :thumbs:

Brrly1

Ok then, I am pretty sure that I can have about anything made that I would have a pattern for. I don't think that they actually made a cast iron seat for Wheel Horse but I am sure I could have a pattern made as I did for the front weights. I have a steel seat in the garage. I could possibly take this out to the person that made my pattern for me to see what he would charge? I guess we would have to see how much interest would be in having something done like this. But, here is the thing, Again, I am not going to do all of this, Oh I want one, I want one, do this and then have everybody say no I can't do this right now. Just like the weights, that is why I asked for a deposit up front. I guess the rest is up to you. If there is any interest I will do what I can. Post some suggestions on how you would like the seat to look. Duke you seem to be one of the ramrods behind this maybe start a different post and see what you come up with. The choice is yours. I will Help, where ever I can. Sorry for the long post - Don't shoot the sawman! :thumbs:

:thumbs:

dgjks6

As long as you are making them for you then no problem. If you start a company selling wheel horse seats and trying to make a profit with their logo they may have an issue.

JC 1965

:thumbs: When i was a teenager ( seems like about 100 years ago, ) I use to work for this old farmer getting up hay. He had an old green Oliver tractor, it was a real antique but it ran great. I have no idea how old it was :thumbs: but it sure was a worker. :thumbs: