Sign in to follow this  
jusjeepn

RJ59

VinsRJ

You need to keep an eye out... almost daily. They do come up for sale fairly frequently but, the big thing is to stay patient and purchase one that is 95% intact. IMO its better to pay a little more for one closer to complete than one beat up and missing parts. Good Luck :thumbs:

LeonardS

You need to keep an eye out... almost daily. They do come up for sale fairly frequently but, the big thing is to stay patient and purchase one that is 95% intact. IMO its better to pay a little more for one closer to complete than one beat up and missing parts. Good Luck :thumbs:

Vince, I have looked since last Summer, but all I have found are two 551's. I would like to find an RJ 58 or 59......preferably a 59 since I was born that year!!

Leonard

Redbirdman

The tag would look like this. I bought my serial/model decal from Ed Mayhew at the big show in 2008, the rest came from Terry

What do you do to authenticate the serial number in a case like that?

Or do you just use a generic number???? :thumbs:

ed :thumbs: :thumbs:

MikesRJ

This is strictly my opinion, but others will most certainly chime in on this one.

If your machine does not have a tag, and you restore it and put a new tag on, that tag's serial number space should remain blank.

If you have a readable tag on your machine, and you can either get it off without disturbing the original number or can prove the serial number (i.e.: take a picture before attempting removal), then you can justifiably procure a new tag and re-stamp the original serial number on the machine during a restoration.

VinsRJ

This is strictly my opinion, but others will most certainly chime in on this one.

If your machine does not have a tag, and you restore it and put a new tag on, that tag's serial number space should remain blank.

If you have a readable tag on your machine, and you can either get it off without disturbing the original number or can prove the serial number (i.e.: take a picture before attempting removal), then you can justifiably procure a new tag and re-stamp the original serial number on the machine during a restoration.

+2 :thumbs:

VinsRJ
You need to keep an eye out... almost daily. They do come up for sale fairly frequently but, the big thing is to stay patient and purchase one that is 95% intact. IMO its better to pay a little more for one closer to complete than one beat up and missing parts. Good Luck

LeonardS
You need to keep an eye out... almost daily. They do come up for sale fairly frequently but, the big thing is to stay patient and purchase one that is 95% intact. IMO its better to pay a little more for one closer to complete than one beat up and missing parts. Good Luck