Sign in to follow this  
mrc

WH story

mrc

hello all, i thought i would share with everyone a wh story: a few years back a co-worker came to my house. while in the garage he really took a liking to my 416-8. i explained wheelhorse's to him. he later said he would like to get one. a short time later i heard of a wh for sale nearby. i went to look at it and it was a C-161 with the twin briggs engine. brand new seat and new rear ag tires. the tires still had the nubs on them. the tractor had the fiberglass hood and NO rear fender. the owner had a brand new plastic orange husquvarna tractor nearby. i asked "whats up with that"? his answer was that the old wh was always breaking down and he just wanted something new with no problems. i bought the tractor and went home and got busy. cleaned years of oil and grass off the unidrive. changed the leaky axle seals and brake band seal. installed a new brake band, new shifter boot, new pto clutch and new front tires. new battery too. painted an old metal fender with a brush with some red rustoleum. painted a few minor things on the tractor and engine. changed the oils ,greased it and a new air cleaner. the PO complained the brake did not work. i found the brake rod had no cotter pin holding it in the slot! of course the brake wouldn't work. how much effort was that to fix? i thought. i wire wheel brushed the underneath of the 42" sd deck that came with it. primed and painted the deck. i sold the tractor to my coworker and if i factor in my time i lost money. when he came to pick it up he was thrilled. while in my garage he asked what time it was. i was not wearing a watch and had no clock in the garage so i just guessed at the time. a few weeks later upon arriving at work he stopped me in the parking lot. he walked up to me, stuck out his hand, said thank you and handed me a box. he told me to open it. inside the box was a wh clock. he told me the clock was for my garage. that clock now hangs above my toolbox and i look at it everyday. we are now good friends. take care and stay warm all you red square wh fans. mike in mass

brybrychrismer

That's a great story. These tractors can just bring people together and make life long friends.

Bryan

AMC RULES

:thumbs: Nice story, lets see that clock? :thumbs:

MikesRJ

Gooddeeds and great story. :thumbs:

dclarke

Good story, :thumbs: please show us the clock. :thumbs:

VinsRJ

Great story and in the end you didn't loose a thing! Your time invested was well spent :thumbs:

JonW

Thats a great story!

You helped bring another WH fan to life. (Did you tell him about the curse?)

"Like potato chips, you cant stop at one!" :thumbs:

Where in MA do you live?

wheelhorse656

very good story! :thumbs:

mrc

hello everyone, sorry, i do not own a digital camera and i am not too savvy with the computer. the clock is about the size of a large dinner plate. its plastic with a white face. there is a red trim ring around the outer edge. the wh emblem is in the middle. around the wh emblem are the words: "get a horse.... wheelhorse of course". i live in westfield mass. gotta go shovel another roof right now. ohhh when will this winter end? i'm so looking forward to spring. take it easy everyone. mike in mass.

JC 1965

:thumbs: WOW !! Just think. ( maybe ) A 100 years from now your friends great, great, great, grand children might be telling that same story to their children as they give them a ride on that same tractor. Wouldn't that be something? :thumbs:

stevasaurus

Thanks for sharing that excellent story Mike...these little horses have a power all their own. :thumbs:

Duff

Great story, Mike and thanks for sharing! :thumbs:

By the way, have you gotten your friend to take a look around Red Square?

Duff :thumbs:

WheelHorse_of_course

yup... :thumbs: for sharing :thumbs: :thumbs:

SkyhawkTL

Great story

Excellent tractors - Excellent people

Sweet

dgoyette

Good story...I have found good friends through Wheel Horses too :thumbs:

varosd

A great snapshot in time! As much as there are screwed up things in the world..it is the small things that we can remember that count...not the dollar signs!

Don V

HorseFixer

What a wonderful story! :thumbs: Your a good man helping a friend out like that! :thumbs:

bitten

:thumbs: To you sir!!

420lse

Thanks for sharing this most excellent adventure. Great story!