Sign in to follow this  
nekovt

Single Stage Snowthrower parts needed

nekovt

Help!

My only snow thrower just "stopped" the other day. I started to take it apart and found that one of the cog wheels on the chain drive just seized up.

I ended up finding that the bearings on the back of the snow thrower are bad also. I tried to get the pully off and bent it up pretty good (It's been rusted on there for over 30 years!).

I was wonder if anyone had parts for a 42 in single stage snow thrower.

I need: The 2 bearings on the back on the blower (The long shaft goes through to the pully), 1 pully and one (Preferably both cog wheels that the chain rides on).

I'm freaking out because we've got snow falling and this was my only blower. If you've got parts I could really use them

Thanks!

Brad

Kelly

All the parts you need can be bought new at TSC or many other farm stores, the idler sprockets are about $17 the bearings are about $17 also, the pulley will be a bit tougher to find not all stores carry that size but ask they may be able to order it for you.

Forest Road

As far as the pulley goes just get something close. 1/2" or an inch smaller will just speed up your blower. And then chuck the stuff that much further. Good luck.

JonW

All the parts you need can be bought new at TSC or many other farm stores, the idler sprockets are about $17 the bearings are about $17 also, the pulley will be a bit tougher to find not all stores carry that size but ask they may be able to order it for you.

Kelly do you have the TSC part numbers?

I am fighting the drive sprocket's two set screws.

As like others found out the set screws are frozen and I can't get them out.

PB Blaster, heat(propane) and ez out isn't working.