Sign in to follow this  
KB9LOR

Engine Question

KB9LOR

Question for you WH guru's, will a Kohler off a Power King fit on a WH? I ddo not have access at the moment to measure the shaft on it, trying to get a quick answer from you all, I can pick this engine up real cheap, and if it will fit a WH gonna redo it and use as spare....Thanks!

KB9LOR

Okay found out the shaft size of the Kohler off the Power King, it is 1", I do not have a 10hp Kohler here at the moment, anyone out there have any idea of the shaft size of a Kohler 10hp on a WH? Thanks,

racinfool40

10hp kolhers on a :thumbs: are 1 1/8 shaft but you can use the 10hp if needed all you would need to change is the PTO bushing or race the pto bell rides on..

you would need the pto bushing/race from an 8hp or a briggs powered machine..

KB9LOR

10hp kolhers on a :thumbs: are 1 1/8 shaft but you can use the 10hp if needed all you would need to change is the PTO bushing or race the pto bell rides on..

you would need the pto bushing/race from an 8hp or a briggs powered machine..

Well thanks alot! I was hoping I could use it if necessary,

Kelly

Don't forget you need the drive pulley for a 1" crank also for a stick stift is pretty easy to find, now a hydro.... that is another story, they can be tuff to locate, I know I'm looking for one right now.

HeneryHawk

Sorry I can not help you with your swap. But if you do get a engine off a Power King and it has a flywheel still on it I would be interested.

KB9LOR

Don't forget you need the drive pulley for a 1" crank also for a stick stift is pretty easy to find, now a hydro.... that is another story, they can be tuff to locate, I know I'm looking for one right now.

Now the drive pulley you mean the pulley on the hydro pump? would a 8 horse Kohler have a 1" shaft? seems to me if the 10 is a 1" so should the 8.

KB9LOR

Sorry I can not help you with your swap. But if you do get a engine off a Power King and it has a flywheel still on it I would be interested.

It is a 10 hp Kohler off a Power King, it is a complete engine

( The guy says the PO told him the rod was bad), But I was going to rebuild it.

HeneryHawk

I am interested in the flywheel for the clutch not the engine, lol. sorry.

KB9LOR

I don't know what all it has on it, he may have the flywheel I know he has the tractor sitting there, I will inquire about it...

HeneryHawk

I don't know what all it has on it, he may have the flywheel I know he has the tractor sitting there, I will inquire about it...

Much appreciated.

KB9LOR

Much appreciated.

No problem, glad to help a fellow member out!