Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Blower belt size

Kelly

I put a blower on my round hood project, it's a st-326 it came with a 656 tractor, it has a good belt on it, but seems way to short for this app. ?? I would have thought it would have fit, but not saying they had it on working, the blower has seen very little use, you can tell by lack of wear, what size should the belt be?? looks to be a 1/2" wide, but how long? I don't want to make a dozen trips to TSC, it's a 20 mile round trip, and gas is $3.25 a gal. right now.

I looked at the toro parts viewer all I can get is it's a 1966 blower no other info.

mcwh1950

Kelly by the 1966 interchange list the st326 became the 6-1211 in 1968.the belt number is 1589. Belt is 57 inch by 1/2. But on the toro web page part 1589 is only 56.5 inch by 1/2. Maybe you have to tell then it is for a wheel horse and not a toro. I hope this help.

Gene_S

I know your looking for a answer Kelly but I had belt length issue once and I loaded the tractor up and took it to TSC. They let me take the belt outside and try it to find the right one. Just a idea...

Kelly

I got a belt it's a 57" works good.

mr.pipes

I know your looking for a answer Kelly but I had belt length issue once and I loaded the tractor up and took it to TSC. They let me take the belt outside and try it to find the right one. Just a idea...

I have bought three or four different sizes if I needed something for a custom job. Then just return the ones I didn't need next time I go back. I have tried to guess in the past and I'm done with that project.