Sign in to follow this  
Redbirdman

what is this belt guide from?

Redbirdman

just wondering? What model and year is this belt guide from?

And is it like the one that 'should' be on my 701?

beltguide.jpg btw it MUST be from a :thumbs: see the forensic paint chips..lol

KB9LOR

just wondering? What model and year is this belt guide from?

And is it like the one that 'should' be on my 701?

beltguide.jpg btw it MUST be from a :thumbs: see the forensic paint chips..lol

I have one very simular to that on my GT 1642 workhorse.

dclarke

Not sure there's supposed to be one of those on your 701 Ed, there's a few posts about this at the bottom of page 2 on my 701 rebuild. it's under the restoration section on page 7. This is what mine looks like.

DSC00387-1.jpg

i haven't had my deck back on since this pic was taken and i now have the belt guides in case i need them. Just don't think they came on it when it was new.

HorseFixer

Ed, I just went through 170 photos in the tear down folder of my 701 and I don't see it anywhere. I also looked at the parts breakdown of the 701 and don't see it there either.

Maybe since yer good a forensics, you can solve the age old question why in sams Hill are many WH tractors painted yellow and then later sprayed over red? :thumbs:

WH701001.jpg

701RESTO089.jpg

Yeah I know wrong deck, <_< But I have all correct parts seat, footrests, hood, beltgaurd, & everything now is in primer, engine rebuilt, new rubber, I need to get off my arse and get this one done this year. DClark :thumbs: Im likin yers! :thumbs:

TT

It's probably a #111242 - which is the bottom belt guide that was used on many of the 1978 & newer tractors with the belt guard that WASN'T mounted to the engine. (C-141, C-165, 312, etc.)

It bolts to the lower front hole on the PTO side of the engine block and helps guide the drive belt out of the pulley when the tension is released.

Redbirdman

hmmmm....I'll have to look into this further. My 701 really does need something to slow the belt down before shifting into first. I made a homemade thing that works but I'd prefer original.

AFA.... yellow???? :thumbs:

The only GUESS I would make is it was very common for a lot of tractors to be painted yellow by the factory when they were sold for working for municipal service.

ed