Sign in to follow this  
cpete1

Single stage blower "skid plate"

cpete1

I've got a single stage blower. The thing works great but it has a plate bolted to the bottom that went back and under the lift tube attachment at the blower. My thought was the plate is adding resistance to pushing the blower thru the snow, plus its holding the blower up some. It looks as though it was a "home-made" addition. Also it seemed to tip the front of the blower back a touch. We've gotten so much snow that I'm trying to clean the driveway as close as I can so the little details become important. I took the plate off and put a washer under the the lift tube attachment and the cotter key that holds the tube to the blower. Sorry I don't have pictures, gotta learn how to do them yet. Wondering what the factory configuration was.

Thanks

Chris

Operator

I don't have anything like tha under my single stage. You did right with the washer and cotter key on the tube.

cpete1

Does it ever dig in when you use it? I made a spacer for the Flag part that I hook 2 springs to and then made a rod to fit in the middle Quik-tach to assist in lifting the blower. My thought is the lift tube configuration is a tad too long. This angles my blower back in such a way that sometimes I see a drag mark left in the snow from the lift tube connection at the blower. The original lift tube was modified so I'm not sure about the length. Sorry to be so long winded. gotta learn pictures...Thanks

Chris

Operator

I have the shoes down at least 1" because I clean up on crushed rock path. But mine is the same way , tipped back. Taller front tires then it isn't as bad.

Yup you got to learn pic posting! We all like pic's here. It took me a long time to figure it out too. But nce you do it , it isn't tooo bad.