Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Part no. needed

Kelly

I need the part no. for the drive gear, the one on the end of the long drive shaft that drives the chain, I'm being lazy and don't want to go back out in the cold to get the model no. off the blower to look it up, I know the gear is pretty much the same for all the blowers, I need to pick one up soon.

varosd

6415-sprocket 1 each or the 2 idler sprockets 2174

TJ

You can try Tractor Supply. I'm not sure about the drive gear, but they had the idler sprocket right on the shelf.

Good luck

Tom

PS: That snow blower you sold me works like a dream. Thanks.

Sparky

I used model# 79360 which is my "95" tall chute single stage and came up with # 78-0850 on the TORO master parts viewer Kelly. Its a 14 tooth sprocket.

Mike..........

Kelly

I just last night put both new idler sprockets on, and today the chain broke, so while I'm in there I need to put a new drive gear on, the teeth are worn. Thank you

Kelly

Glad that blower worked out for you Tom.

Mike mine is a tall shoot blower also, I'll go with that no. I'll check TSC also. I need to pick up the chain there.

iicap

Don't know if you have a Grainger near you, I just bought a new 14 tooth from them couple weeks ago for my blower.Their catalog is online.

Sparky

Don't know if you have a Grainger near you, I just bought a new 14 tooth from them couple weeks ago for my blower.Their catalog is online.

Do you have to have a commercial account to buy from Grainger? Or will they sell to anyone.

Mike.........

Kelly

Richard do you have a part no.? I think there is a Grainger near work.

I just looked up the part in my Fastenal catalog, and I'm going to price the SS roller chain :banghead: and reg. chain when I there at lunch, they are 2 blocks from work.

iicap

Grainger online catalog #402

page 153, ANSI sprocket#40(style), for #40 roller chain

This is for 3/4" shaft as my blower has. Grainger part #is 1L119, cost is $19.05

other shaft sizes are 1/2"--5/8"--3/4"--7/8"--1"

To answer Sparky's ?, you need to be a business to buy from them. Tho I'm retired the company I worked for had an account and I can buy, but pay cash.

My name is still there as a person who is allowed to charge.

MikesRJ

A 40B17 x 3/4" bore or 40B21 x 3/4" bore will be the right one as well. They can be had all over the net for about $10-$15.

The 17 and 21 indicate the number of teeth, therefore the higher the number of teeth the faster the blower will spin.

Kelly

Mine is a 7/8" shaft also, I ordered a new drive sprocket and chain today, sprocket was $10, chain was $20 I priced Stainless chain, I about fell on the floor, I figured it would be more, maybe 3 or 4 times more, but I plan to keep the blower so I would pay for good chain, right? but a 10' chunk of stainless was $360.00 !!!! and she said that was just above their cost, I checked on line tonight it is $450!!! for 10' guess I'm not using stainless chain, should be fixed this weekend, but probably will not need it till next year.

iicap

Kelly, just curious, where did you order sprocket and chain?

Kelly

From Fastenal co. it's like Grainger, they have everything, and they have a store just about 2 blocks from the shop I work at.

iicap

Kelly, thanks for info. You bought sprocket for half what I paid, interesting. Another ?, does the body shop you work at buy there frequently and get a real good discount where as a newcomer walking in the door might pay, like a list price. Would be nice to know they are a vendor that members could buy reasonably from.

Another note, seeing as your's and Lost Pup's blowers use a 7/8ths shaft I had to go back and check mine for fear I gave wrong info. Mine does have a 3/4" shaft. My blower was made from 1970 to 73, no wonder it's tired. Model #6-6212

Kelly

I walked in off the street,(our shop does not buy there) and asked to buy stuff, they said no problem, I think they like me, and give me good deals, list price on line for the sprocket is $13, they sold it to me just above their cost at $10, they gave me a catalog to take home, so now I look up my part no.s so they don't have to, they normaly sell bulk, 100 items in a bag, where as I buy 1 item out of the bag, the store I shop at, are very nice people, heck in just a few weeks they all know my name.

iicap

Thanks for the comeback on Fastenel, another option for all of us, we should be so lucky to find great countermen (women) as you have. I found the online cat and yes $13 as you say. I like their online Cat.