Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

Whats This 520-H Worth

HorseFixer

I dont know much about these newer tractors but what do you figure this 520-H is Worth. :banghead: The tractor has 880 hrs. It is a 1991, 60" Deck yep shield is missing <_< and the guys says it is mechanicaly in good shape. Has a couple scrtaches front of hood and looks like a couple in the rear? If All Is what he is saying what is it worth in your opinion. :thumbs:

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg

stevebo

The deck on it looks like a 42 or 48 inch NOT a 60 inch monster. I would think anything under $800 is good.

Jim_M

It's a 48" deck. I would think it should be in the $1000.00 range if there's no problems.

zieg72

Let me know if you pass on it Bob, I am looking for a twin for mine. My 417-8 just isn't heavy enough for me....

Kelly

Yup it's a 48" they have the reinforcing plate under the pulleys, I'd say in the $1000 range, I picked up a very nice clean one this winter, with 48" deck, and tiller, has 1000 hours but uses oil, I paid $550 I got a very good deal.

Sparky

I agree with the guys and would say around the $1000 mark Duke. So what the problem. Chuckin snow 40 feet with a 12hp "C" series aint good enough for ya :banghead: ? You just gotta chuck it 45 feet dont'cha?

Mike........

Operator

That is way too much! Where did you say this is again? :banghead:

I'd say in the under a grand range too. Might have led a decent life with just mowing, I don't see a axle hitch for tilling or a plow. Maybe just mowed.

And no that isn't no 60"er.

HankB

How good are the tires? They look pretty good in the pictures. That's worth a few bucks right there, no?

The mower deck... Is that an older style? the one on my 314-H has a patterned deck rather than the smooth deck. And it's a lot heavier than the older decks, even at 42".

Wheelbearing

What does the owner want for it?

SAM58

Bought a 1996 520H with a 60" deck 750.00 only 329 hours

If you don't buy it, let me know ...

I know a guy that is looking for one that will use a 60" deck.

thanks

mavfreak

I would have to go with the answer of "its worth what your willing to pay". I would say under a grand would be ok. But if it doesn't have the rear mount hitch then that something you may want or need to buy so that would bring down the price as well as the deck being smaller than stated

546cowboy

You know we have seen this question asked over and over and it never fails that the answers are out there some where. I am in NW Indiana and have NEVER seen a 520 around that goes for anything less than $1500.

I did actually buy one from Michigan for $475 but with no deck, had to drive over 200 miles and it uses a quart of oil with a tank of gas and some of the guages didn't work along with some other repairs. Thanks Sarge by the way.

I have looked on Craigslist and Ebay and hardly ever see one in any condition that is complete for that $1000 figure. When someone gets one it seems the first thing they want to do is strip it and sell the parts on Ebay and it's a shame.

I would ask all those who got those great deals this; Would you sell yours for that PRICE!!!!!!

Operator

I wouldn't sell either one of ours for that price.

Ken B

I have been looking for a few yrs. and I have yet to find a nice 520 for 1000 bucks (or less) Timing, location and LUCK is everything. In New England I see 310-8's go for a grand..... Most sellers have a computer and it isn't too hard for them to find out what others are asking. I searched all of New England C/L today and its amazing what people are asking for junk. If I could find a nice 520 for 1000 bucks around here I'd buy two.

bobert94

Theres no way its worth a grand. Just send me his phone # and ill make sure he does"nt bother you any more. I paid 1400.00 for my 520 with a 48" deck and under 400 Hrs on it. Never been sorry i bought it. but plan on using about twice as much gas as your 12 HP.And thats snow joke :thumbs:

SAM58

I guess i found that once in a life time deal....

Guy was moving and had to sell quick, happen to be the first to call.

I bought last tuesday a 1996 520H with a 60 in newer style deck for $750.00.

200 miles each way in the Ice storm.

has 330 hours on it and is a 50th year model with gold labels & hubcaps.

I found 2 dash light bulbs blown, & a couple wires with bad connections.

EVERYTHING WORKS !! I still can't beleive it.

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

Operator

And there you go! Nice tractor.