Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Economy Power king Tractor

Sparky

Anyone here have one? I'm looking at one with a 12hp Kohler "K" series motor, dual transmissions, rear wheel weights, tire chains, hydraulic 3 point hitch with a york rake, and a 48" front end loader. Except for the motor it is all foreign to me so any info would be great, like what to look out for, problem areas, stuff like that.

Thanks Mike......

nylyon

Never heard of it, but it sure sounds nice!

Sparky

Yep thats exactly what the one I looked at looks like but with a front end loader. Its still for sale, but I have found a big HP Wheel Horse that has my eye right now so I have to wait to see what happens with the WH first. Momma says only one tractor comes home per month. So if I can get the WH on Oct 31st I assume I can get the Power King on Nov. 1st.....is that how that works :D !

Mike.....

kpinnc

She lets you bring one home per month?

I'm jealous!

whchris

mike how much you know i have a power king there awesome almost better than a wheel horse .. almost, what model?

Sparky

Hey Chris...nice to see ya here! What'da ya think of the little site you started a year ago...coming along real nice I think.

Anyway, the Power King was a 12hp tractor with the dual tranny's but thats all I know. I was lookin at the Power King and the 418-A at the same time and decided I needed/wanted the 418 more. I do know the Power King sold but not for how much.

Mike.......

Jim_M

I have a 1972 Power King 2414. It has a 14 horse Kohler, dual transmissions, hydraulic category zero 3 point hitch, and 24" rear tires. They're one tough tractor! A little on the homely side though.

I have a 48" mowing deck, 48" dozer blade, 60" Disk, and a one bottom plow.

I have been considering selling it. If I sell it I would have room for a couple more Wheel Horses!

T-Mo

Jim,

Welcome to the site. I'm glad to have you.

As for selling the Power King, well, I can understand if you need room. I'm in that category now. I'm thinking of either building a shed or doing like Mike (Sparky) did and getting one of those portable garages and building a floor to go under it.

Btw, we like pictures. :D

Jim_M

I would add a couple of pictures but I haven't figured out how just yet. Can anybody help me out?

nylyon

Are your pictures already on a picture website like photobucket, or personal website? If not most members have had great success with Photobucket, it's free and they give you the IMG codes you need to post pictures.

Jim_M

That's the problem then, most of the other forums I'm on allow images to be loaded to the page directly from my PC, so I don't have an account on a hosting site. I'll have to get on that.

Jim_M

Hoping this works!

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Jim_M

Sorry guys, I had no idea the pictures would be that big. I'll get it right eventually.

nylyon

That's alright, you'll get the hang of it. In the links section there is a picture link to help resize the pics. But you got them going!

CasualObserver

That looks like one nice Economy there!! Thanks for sharing!! :D

Rollerman

Very cool Economy PK Jim....I like your taste in tractors.

Must be an Indiana thing :D

Stephen in northern IN

Jim_M

Stephen,

I could deliver it you................

Jim