Sign in to follow this  
rob65

Plastic wheel weights

rob65

Just bought a set for the 312-8, but they dont have any of the mounting hardware.

I havent gone out and looked, but I am assuming they are through bolted between the rim and the weight? Any one have a pic. of the proper way to mount these? as I have never done it before.

Thanks

Kelly

In short bolted on, there are 4 square holes in your wheels they line up with the 4 holes in the weights, you can use threaded rod, or carriage head bolts, I think they use 7/16" or 1/2" can't remember right now, different wheels require diff. length bolts, if you can hold the weight in place and stick something through the weight and wheel to get the lenght you need.

wh79d160

Mine were 1/2 x 10". I just got carriage bolts from HD. A 3rd hand would sure be useful putting them on. :banghead:

rob65

Thanks guy's, I'll drag the wife outside and have her give me a hand measuring the length. :banghead:

dgoyette

Mine were 1/2 x 10". I just got carriage bolts from HD. A 3rd hand would sure be useful putting them on. :banghead:

Rob,

1/2 inch is correct. Don't recall the length for the plastic ones.

If you already have chains on you can run bungees across to hold the wheel weight in position while you bolt it up to free up you hands for bolting them on.