Sign in to follow this  
erik

Trouble with lift height of blower (non-hydro)

erik

I was having some trouble with the limited height that I was able to lift my single stage blower on my 312. I put a 3/4" split shaft collar on the "flag". It shortened up the distance that the lift tube would slide before it engaged.

Seemed to work pretty good and I thought I would share.

Check out the pic.

I also had trouble with the lift tube not staying on the blower. The cotter pin (or anything else I tried) would always get mangled and then the washer and tube would slide off. I just tried putting a bolt through with some washers and nylon lock nut. Hopefully that works. Anyone else have that problem??

Happy Wheelhorse winter CT!

Attached Image

post-4-1296386280.jpg

erik

Sorry about the photo rotation, I don't know what happened.

varosd

I don't have the 2 washers/spacers on my lift tube/flag that the manual states can be added if needed. I like your fix! I have the flag pegged through the top hole(it really is hard to see it) after I tried the 2 lower holes and I have great height and less lift effort! my avatar has the ST in the up position...how high do you want to achieve? No problems with my lift tube cotter pin getting tore up...I'm lucky to be on asphalt!

Don V

Operator

I cut a piece of pipe and slid on, I like your idea you won't loose it!

I've lost one clip on the blower, just replaced it.

smoreau

:ROTF: your washer on the front of the lift tube should be close to the same size as the pin. and I use the largest cotter pin that will fit in the hole and bend it over. I have used hair pins and they come out from being so low on the blower and getting draged across all kinds of stuff (grass snow concrete etc.) and they get pushed out. smaller cotter pins can't take the pressure of lifting. get some larger cotter pins and a washer thats close to the same size as the pin. 5/8 I think. you should measure it. :thumbs: :banghead:

erik

Thanks for the input everyone!!!

I never actually measured the pin that the washers fit over so I may be able to get one that fits more snugly. I can see how this would be a big help. I could of also used a bigger cotter pin than I did. When I picked up some cotter pins I did not realize how large that hole is.

At first I was having a lot of trouble because I did not have any washers on. Then I looked up on the parts breakdown on Toro's website and found out about the washer. So greatful that you can look up parts online!!!

I will have to look for that second hole to mount the flag to. I just wanted to get the blower up about 6". Before it was only going about 3" and would drag on even gradual slopes.

can whlvr

the pins on the front will break with enough abuse,keep spares handy