Sign in to follow this  
elixir20

854 help, part 2

elixir20

Thanks to all who helped me with the broken shear pin in the front wheel. That is all fixed up and working well. I now have a leak from the bottom of the fuel tank. :banghead: It looks like this is a two part tank with a gasket, is that correct? It seems like the fuel is coming from what looks like the gasketed area. What is my course of action? Thanks!

Gene_S

Heat the bolts up a little and remove them. Go to your local Toro store and buy a new gasket... May have to wait a few days for it. Then get you some gasket sealer that gasoline wont affect and apply to both sides of the gasket and put back together... Might be much easier to remove the tank and do it. You only have to unhook the choke and throttle cables, the wires to your amp gage and the two bolts on both sides of the tank and its off and on your work bench...

Kelly

Be gentle with the small screws holding it together, and when you tighten them skip a few as you go so it tightens up more even, that way you have less chance of cracking the bottom, and you will probably have to leave the steering wheel and shaft in the tank, unless your lucky and the wheel comes off, I just bought my gaskets on line and had them in a few days, $15 + shipping I bought 2 to have a spare when I need one again.

elixir20

Thanks guys. Do you happen to have the part # for the gasket?

sorekiwi

The part # is 4452.

elixir20

:banghead: sorekiwi