Sign in to follow this  
CTPATRIOT

How reliable????

Tim

Blew a hydraulic line last storm on the c141 auto with the snowthrower. Had to go to three places for a replacement hose.

want to be ready for the storm next week.

if I continue to just plow, I will run out of driveway, this is the worst winter I can remember for snow without a melt in between.

hm12460

Starter motor went out on the B-80 today.

flyovrcntry

My GT14 never fails to start,and you cannot stop it.

Snow01-11003-1.jpg

jusjeepn

I've only had to plow once this season and it was only 3 inches with drifts. 520 started fine and performed as expected. Now the battery in the 16 Auto decided to short out internally and it hasn't been used yet this season. The Electro 12's (all 3) and the Raider 14 have started every time but I haven't had to use them.

corn53

My gt14 is plowing great with no problems. :thumbs: My b100 has a snowblower that has eaten a belt and broke the tension spring. I just changed the auger bearings but its still loud. Is that just the nature of the single stage? :banghead:

mavfreak

Hey mavfrek, I also have a briggs 16Hp twin and I to have to run the engien with 1/4 to 1/2 choke for it to not pop or at least no pop much. Also, it seems have the same power as my nieghbor's 12 Kohler. Is this what you are experiecing also? Hmm.

Yes sir thats it. Only when the temp is below 15 degrees. No real loss of power that I can see, this thing is a beast. I haven't played with carb any cause it not that cold all the time. I do think a carb adjustment is all that is needed.

I'm afraid if I get it to run good below 15 degress in the morning then when its 25 in the afternoon or next day it will run like crap

sgtsampay

mavgreak, as far as i know, there isn't any way to adjust the carb. Is that correct?

pfrederi

Do you hear that? Its me knocking on wood. The 312-8 has never failed to start. Last time my son used it to plow it died at the bottom of the driveway. He managed to fix the problem himself. It needed gas. I am so proud of his mechanical ability.

Been there done that. C-175 died plowing neighbors driveway....no motion lotion!! (Those big twin Kohlers are not poster children for great fuel economy!!)

Had to walk home get some gas into a small can (not lugging a full 5 gal one all the way there)

Also knocking on wood the C-175 plow and 418A blower have been doing OK

Gerry w

The Vermonster and my Raider14 have never let me down, even at neg 20 degrees. I DO put fuel additive and Sea Foam in the gas, and also heat up the block with a space heater when it's that cold BEFORE starting them. I also have them on battery tenders which helps keep the charge up in the old batteries.

CTPATRIOT

Wow,i feel so lucky the 120's been so good to me so far!Be back later i'm gonna go knock on some wood :banghead: .

can whlvr

ive had some grief,mostly just maintanance,we havnt had too much snow,my 308 allways runs and never seems to break down,i do take extra care of her,had her since new

dwayneGT

No problems with the 1142 other than I through the tire chains once. ( very worn cross links, a couple broke ) I've had to plow every week since Christmas! :banghead:

And it looks like I'll have another 10" or so to move tomorrow morning!! :thumbs:

just me

No problems as of yet

Operator

It isn't the tractors giving me problems. I'm still :banghead: in my mailbox.

Sparky

I thought I might make it thru the winter trouble fre but the 416-H has a corroded fuseblock and its been eating fuses. Today it finally gave up and I had to do some "rigging" to get it back up and running. When its warmer its gonna need to be fixed right.

Mike.......