Sign in to follow this  
Wheelbearing

520h getting its balls back

Brrly1

Wow, thats Fantastic, Great job! Snows a comin'. Definitely something to be proud of. Cool beans. :banghead:

:thumbs:

Wheelbearing

video is not working ??

OK try now

stevebo

Job well done :banghead:

Kelly

Nice, can I send one your way?? can I ask what you have in to it? I have two onans here, both run but use oil, I'd like to rebuild them this year.

Wheelbearing

Nice, can I send one your way?? can I ask what you have in to it? I have two onans here, both run but use oil, I'd like to rebuild them this year.

for one valve seat, valve job, two over sized pistons,gaskets. About $600

420 parts

150 machining

other misc things

But I did spend $70 on over night shipping.

AMC RULES

Sounds like it's making some :banghead: HP. Looks real good too. Can you tell I'm drooling over here?

Wheelbearing

So Nylyon sent me the electrical documents for the onan. I had the condensor hooked up to the neg side instead of the positve side. So I changed the wire and maybe the problem is gone. Starts every time in the garage.

Oh and I listened to the video sound on the start up. It doesn't sound that tinny.

Wheelbearing

Just an update on the electrical gremlins. Replaced the condensor didn't solve the problem. Only one thing left after that and that was the $89 trigger. So replaced it about 2 weeks ago. Ran it cleaning about 3 inches of snow. No problems. The spark is noticably stronger. With everything single piece of the ignition system replaced I think its finally fixed. The other reason I know its fixed is there hasn't been any real snow in weeks and its getting warmer out. Thanks for all the help guys.

AMC RULES

Any way you can post the electrical diagram for the Onan 20 here too? :thumbs:

Wheelbearing

Any way you can post the electrical diagram for the Onan 20 here too? :thumbs:

you can get in on the toro site or message Nylon he has it.

mattd860

Just an update on the electrical gremlins. Replaced the condensor didn't solve the problem. Only one thing left after that and that was the $89 trigger. So replaced it about 2 weeks ago. Ran it cleaning about 3 inches of snow. No problems. The spark is noticably stronger. With everything single piece of the ignition system replaced I think its finally fixed. The other reason I know its fixed is there hasn't been any real snow in weeks and its getting warmer out. Thanks for all the help guys.

So True. I just got a 2-stage blower myself and now all we get is rain......

Glad you got your machine sorted out.

MalMac

Just curious how did you fix the valve seat that was loose ? Did you have an lager one pressed in or just pean the old one? Or some other method?