Sign in to follow this  
can whlvr

broken spindle

can whlvr

well i had one of those days that i just wish i could do over,its really slow for work so i thought i will go cut down this big elm tree for heat in the shop,i blow out a swath with the c160 and blow an aftermarket belt,put a new one on and finish,fall the tree and it falls the wring way and bends my chain saw blade,so i figure i will pull the tree out with my truck,back it in and tear off my passenger mirror,well the plastic that surrounds it is smashed,its a 2007 so i duobt ill get one at the junk yard,so i decide to get my skid steer out(which i should have done in the first place) and pull all the lumber out of the bush,then i look at my poor c101 that just blew the engine a few weeks ago and decide to move it,well when i sat it down i broke the spindle :banghead: my question is can they be welded or are they hardened,it happened afterdark so i didnt look to close,pretty expensive fire wood

smoreau

:banghead: wow don't want one of those days, yes it's steel and it can be welded but it won't be as strong as before. they have lots of them on ebay or some one on RS may sell you one. :ROTF: :thumbs:

Don1977

You can weld it back together and add steel on either side and make it stronger than it was. I am guessing it broke in the bend.

can whlvr

ya it broke at the bottom of the curve,i might weld it till i get another,i have a set of tall ones also but this machine has no motor so its on back burner for now

stevasaurus

Gees Don...sounds like a lawn chair and a bottle of Rock-N-Rye and a little reflection are in order. :banghead:

Works for me on days like that. :ROTF: Those mirrors are expensive, I have bought 2 of them now. :thumbs: