Sign in to follow this  
Hammerhead

My latest invention

Hammerhead

Hello, I get tired of picking up all the gravel in my yard from my snow plow after the snow melts, :banghead: so I took my shovel and shoveled the piled up snow with gravel in it, back into my driveway! It works great and didn't take very long at all. Beats trying to rake it up in the spring or pick it up by hand! After I threw it back in the driveway, I drove over it to smash it back down. Situation handled! :hide:

Now we are getting another snow storm here in Ohio and I'll have to go plow some more! :ROTF: Yippee! We have about 6 inches already! :thumbs:

C-Series14

Yea Hammer...Just finished plowing 3 driveways here in SW Ohio. It is really coming down AND the wind has started.

I can only plow so much because the thrill of plowing with a 31 year old C-161 8-Speed causes me to shake violently and giggle a little.... :banghead: !

rmaynard

Sounds like work to me. :banghead:

TT

You have a list of tractors like that and you still use a shovel? :banghead:

I push my driveway back out of the yard with the mid-mount grader blade under the 1056. (I HATE SHOVELS!) :thumbs:

Sparky

So what did you invent? I dont see an invention here but it sounds like after the snow is plowed off the driveway with a Wheel Horse its put back by a shovel :banghead: . Seems to me iff you raised the plow blade a bit it would give you the same results.

Mike.......

Kelly

The one with the sweeper does a good job of removing the stones from the grass.

100_3107.jpg

Hammerhead

Well it works for me. Still a good idea even if it is some extra work. I was going to use my 1974 A-90 Special with the snow blade on it, but decided against it. I like that sweeper idea Kelly! KJ :banghead:

can whlvr

if u get to the gravel in the spring at just the right time i use a dozer blade and push it back on,i used to use the mid mount untill some f-----g a-----e stole my grader blade

Duff

i used to use the mid mount untill some f-----g a-----e stole my grader blade

Yeah, Don, some of us remember when that happened, and it sucks as much now as it did to first hear about it. We feel for you. Remember what they used to do to cattle rustlers? :banghead:

But I digress.....

Holy crap, Kelly, do you have enough tractors in that picture? Wow!

~Duff

stevasaurus

Kelly, I would use that brush to polish that car up a little bit. :banghead:

kpinnc

Kelly, I would use that brush to polish that car up a little bit.

Looks like it may have already... :banghead:

I think you need a couple more tractors Kelly! WOW :thumbs:

VinsRJ

I think you need a couple more tractors Kelly! WOW :banghead:

I bet a better view of them all would be in the Google satellite shot :thumbs:

Ken B

The one with the sweeper does a good job of removing the stones from the grass.

100_3107.jpg

Kelly do you drive the Enduro car? It almost looks like a Ford Torino. But we all know the pre 78 Monte Carlo's rule the Enduro's. (that is if you can find one now) :banghead:

Redbirdman

I sure could use that sweeper out here on the taxiways after a sand storm!.......(I figger once over would be about a 20 mile trip).....................

Well anyhow, regarding the gravel driveways:I always felt the sound of 1/2 inch bluestone going through a 2 stage blower was just such a musical sound............like nails on a chalkboard! :banghead:

But we did a few pavingstone driveways and to protect the pavers we flipped a couple cheepo NAPA truck mud flaps over the blade and back under the cutting edge. After a few pushes the flaps took a set and if you lift just a bit they would not wear out so quick.

But that set up worked GREAT on smooth gravel too! Not so much on gravel that had a berm in the center or was too thick on edges and the like. But it did not grab and push the gravel like a regular blade..............

Anybody else ever try this???

ED :thumbs:

KC9KAS

The small town that I live in uses rubber cutting edges on the snow plows they use on our streets. The don't last very long...

Polaris2007

Okay, I'm not following...........You plow the snow/gravel out of your driveway, then you shovel the snow/gravel back into your driveway???? Doesn't the second action cancel out the first action? Why not save gas and then labor by NOT plowing your driveway? end result is the same. :banghead:

boovuc

I paved my driveway. Expensive yes but the stones were a killer. The PM of my home even had quarry wash mixed in with 2b's. I noticed my basement windows were cracked. I wonder why? :banghead:

Kelly! I have a friend with a property like yours! He has 50 acres though and all his "stuff" in in the fence rows! I'd love to spend a day wondering around in that sea of red! Great picture! :thumbs:

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA